SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 RSA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 RSA Login/Join 
posted
Can I use a Glock 19 RSA in a Glock 45 (9mm) pistol? I know they have different part numbers, but is there really a difference?

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've used G19 gen 4 RSA's in my G45 with no issue.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Different part numbers? You sure about that?

I have a gen 5 G19 and a gen 5 G45 and I could have swore that they have the same exact recoil spring in them… I’ll have to get them out of the safe tomorrow to compare.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed I would think that they should use the same RSA given that the slide assembly is virtually identical aside from the markings between the two models.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Different part numbers? You sure about that?

I have a gen 5 G19 and a gen 5 G45 and I could have swore that they have the same exact recoil spring in them… I’ll have to get them out of the safe tomorrow to compare.

Ok I got them out of the safe and they have the exact same part number stamped on them. Both slides are identical. I see no difference.

I don't know about gen 4 G19 (don't own one), but for sure a Gen 5 G19 RSA will fit and work in a gen 5 G45.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So here is how the question came up. I agree there should be no difference. However, I’m looking to purchase a dreaded stainless RSA for my G45. Yes….I know they do nothing, but they make me feel better. Anyway through my findings, and keep in mind I’m a 40 guy not really a 9 and therefore don’t actually have a G19. I found there is a different number to a gen4 G19 RSA and a G45. That makes me a little nervous as they may not be 100% reliable. I actually did not consider that a Gen5 19 Would be any different from a gen4.