SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hi, my name is James and i am a mag whore...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi, my name is James and i am a mag whore... Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
25 is the minimum i want.

No idea how many AR mags i have.

22 P220-10 mags and i dont even have posession of the gun where i am.

15 Banshee MK-10 mags and i will double that soon, again on a gun not in my possession at this time.

I have 20 1911 10mm mags and i dont own a 10mm 1911.

I only have 5 P6 mags and its causing me to lose sleep at night.

Dont know why but I am more nervous of mags disappearing than ammo.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Use the P220 mags as Christmas tree decorations.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep picking them up as I run into them ,I have a few for each .I see some gun shops throw the mags from trade in guns into a box , I just grabbed some like new Glock 48 mags for 15 ea also SW Shield mags 10 ea I did not need them but for that .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I keep picking them up as I run into them ,I have a few for each .I see some gun shops throw the mags from trade in guns into a box , I just grabbed some like new Glock 48 mags for 15 ea also SW Shield mags 10 ea I did not need them but for that .

Its my favorite thing to search for, found 2 P6 mags for $25 eaxh recently...little deals are still deals.

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've been using the term "Mag Whore" to describe myself for a long time.

I try to buy a couple of mags every payday. But, it was always pistol mags. Lately, I started whoring for 10 -.22, AR and Mini-14 mags, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I think most people inconvenienced by the last assault weapons ban are now raging magaholics.

Posts: 9968 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:

I try to buy a couple of mags every payday. But, it was always pistol mags. Lately, I started whoring for 10 -.22, AR and Mini-14 mags, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Funny you should mention, my 10/22 was 100$ 20 years ago used. I bet i got 5x that much in mags lol

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Hi, my name is James and i am a mag whore...

Anything over 200, I stop counting. That's the case with the P228 and the AR. Big Grin

quote:
Dont know why but I am more nervous of mags disappearing than ammo.

Yeah, but if you don't have ammo, what are you going to do with all them mags? How many doors do you have? Razz

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose i've been called worse....

James

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I suppose i've been called worse....

James

exactly,

but why a whore,, just cause magazine wise I tend to be a bit easy,, Cool

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm Ryan and I too am a mag ho.
I have cases stacked upon cases of ammo stored up but all of it will only load all of my mags a few times. Big Grin
I could literally re-enact John Wick 3 without having to reload a mag.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:

Funny you should mention, my 10/22 was 100$ 20 years ago used. I bet i got 5x that much in mags lol

Recently, I found a box in my barn upstate with 6 mags for the 10 -.22. I probably left them there in the 80's. All the mags were loaded. And still work perfectly.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have four mags for my 2011 STI and at $65(when I bought them) was enough for me....

I have 6 G19 mags, but I have two of the guns...

I have 3 mags for my P226...

3 1911s...

Got about ten mags for Ruger 22-45...

And about 20 AR mags....

Seems like I need to step up my game

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Chief,

Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I suppose I could be called the same. Just rec'd an order with 20 misc hicap mags. Some of them, I don't even own guns for, but, hopefully will in the future.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, and I’ve been buying a few to many holsters lately.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High cap mags are scary so government, if you’re watching, just know I had a bonfire with all my high cap mags after you informed me how dangerous they were. No need check here

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've got about 15 mags for a P220, 10 mags for a 2011, and 5 magazines for a Glock.

All of them are in 38 Super. Big Grin

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I think most people inconvenienced by the last assault weapons ban are now raging magaholics.

Amen.

As someone who was came of age during the ban and had to scrimp and save as an 18-19 year old to get a "preban" AR in the late 90s, I'm not going to get caught flat footed again.

My only issue is my love of boating and the accidents I keep having.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whore-der?

Eh, probably calling myself 'mag junkie connoisseur' is a more appropriate description. Selective "collecting". In less than four months of ownership of my SP5K-PDW, I'm already up to 12 new production mags and have ordered a dozen more. Took me three years to get the first dozen with my MPX. There's just something so exquisite about those HK mags that makes me...no...compels me to want to try to corner the market on them... Razz

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post