SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X5 parts compatibility.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X5 parts compatibility. Login/Join 
posted
So I have this P226 X5 Entry in .40 S&W, the hope was and hopefully is to campaign in in local USPSA matches to shoot Limited division since it qualifies for major power factor. I originally bought the pistol bevy it was heavily discounted at a dealer that didn’t really market high end pistols and was stuck with it.

Unfortunately the locaction, shape, and size of the slide stop lever doesn’t work for me when I use a high thumbs grip and bear down in the thumb safety. Try as I might when I start running the pistol hard my thumb overrides the slide stop and I don’t get lock back on an empty magazine. I know stage planning should see me reloading before this, but I’m not perfect and would like a slide stop that stays out of my way. I’ve looked but could not find a source for a shaved down P226 Legion style lever. Not sure if that part is even compatible, maybe someone knows and could chime in?

Second issue is the pistol is absurdly over sprung, does anyone have a good source for reduced power recoil springs to tune this pistol? Even with Winchester .40 S&W Ranger ammo it seems to barely dribble the empties out 3’ away. I appreciate having enough spring to keep the barrel locked up as long as possible and to mitigate slide and frame wear, but the stock spring seems excessive.

Next up is there a source for the adjustable LPA sight that more well equipped X5’s use? SIG was supposedly going to offer this along with optic plates and slide racking levers but seems they abandoned the whole line. I haven’t seen a rear sight for sale in years, not sure what my options are. The pistol is very accurate and it would be nice to have sights that offer a cleaner sight picture that can also be easily zero’d.

Lastly, who does trigger work on this pistol and do the trigger components of the P226 X5 Entry interchange with the trigger on something like a P226 Legion SAO? Keep in mind my X5 doesn’t have the adjustable SAO match trigger.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I want to like this pistol and run it but if these issues can’t be resolved it may need to find a new home with someone who appreciates it the way it is, or go back in the safe.

Posts: 3 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: September 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible solutions for 2 of them

Slide Stop: Smaller Slide Catch used in Legion Guns.
1201455-03-R Slide catch lever, 224, 229CA, Legion UPC 798681484256

Recoil Spring System:
Ebay: DPM Recoil Reduction System for SIG SAUER P226 X-FIVE & X-SIX / SIG P220 X-SIX

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: September 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
If the Entry is anything like my X5 Allround, then a generic 1911 guide rod and spring will fit in place of the Sig captured recoil spring as both are 5 inch barrels and this will allow you to play with any spring weight you want.

The Sig X5 in .40 uses the green recoil spring from the P220 rated at 20lbs. I too think it’s over sprung. I dropped mine to around 17lbs (ironically Glock uses 17 lbs springs for 9mm and I think that’s oversprung for 9mm but ok for .40. Please note this is only for my competition guns.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I had a German X Five Entry, and I had to order an adjustable rear sight from a SIG dealer in Germany. No adjustable rear sights on this side of the Atlantic.

Check with Robert Burke, the SIG Armorer, for action work. He does a very nice job.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post