SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W Shield Plus
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W Shield Plus Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
I bought the Shield plus about 4 days ago at Cabella's in Glendale AZ, While they had very few other model pistols in stock, they had a whole display case full of Pluses, with or without safety.

The trigger on this pistol is almost a nice as the one on my Walther PPQ-M2. Took shooting today and also shot a demo Ruger Max-9.

The Max-9 felt good in the hand, better grip size than my P-365, a little less recoil. The problem the Max-9 has with me, is the same one on my LC9s the trigger is too narrow and pinches the pad on my index finger between the trigger safety and the trigger.

After shooting all three (Plus, P365, Max-9)the Plus was the clear winner, more accurate and controllable than my P-365 or the Max-9.

I have owned two separate P-365, neither one felt right in my larger-sized hand.

The Shield I am keeping as my carry pistol and the P-365 went up on consignment at my LGS!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are you good with the size of the Shield Plus as a carry gun? While not particularly large, and carried by a vast number of people, it is noticeably larger than the P365. I could see situation where the P365 could be more easily carried.

quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
I bought the Shield plus about 4 days ago at Cabella's in Glendale AZ, While they had very few other model pistols in stock, they had a whole display case full of Pluses, with or without safety.

The trigger on this pistol is almost a nice as the one on my Walther PPQ-M2. Took shooting today and also shot a demo Ruger Max-9.

The Max-9 felt good in the hand, better grip size than my P-365, a little less recoil. The problem the Max-9 has with me, is the same one on my LC9s the trigger is too narrow and pinches the pad on my index finger between the trigger safety and the trigger.

After shooting all three (Plus, P365, Max-9)the Plus was the clear winner, more accurate and controllable than my P-365 or the Max-9.

I have owned two separate P-365, neither one felt right in my larger-sized hand.

The Shield I am keeping as my carry pistol and the P-365 went up on consignment at my LGS!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
I'll try to make this short, but first let me add that I'm a firearm collector not a hoarder. It seems I'm compelled to always get the new gun on the block. I have the original Shield in all calibers but, like others, went to the P365 for more firepower. I shot it fairly well but it always felt like I was holding a toy pistol in my hind. I always liked the ergonomics of the original Shields. Fast forward, I bought the base Shield Plus when it showed up in a LGS. Loved the feel of it right away. I've had two range sessions with the pistol right out of the box, no cleaning. Fired a total of 500 rounds consisting of a wide assortment of FMJ and defensive loads including +P and +P+. The pistol has run everything with zero, I mean nada, malfunctions. It is soft shooting, sights were dead on at 7 yards and groups have been remarkably tight - nothing more than fist size, lots of ragged holes. Love the new trigger. Yes, it's plastic but damn if it doesn't shoot well and is very concealable IWB.

Sold my P365, my Hellcat, and my MC1sc. End of story.

Same experience, I wanted to love the P-365 but it just never felt right in my hand, and I have owned 2 of them. Bought the Shield Plus, and tried out the Ruger Max-9 and Hellcat, none of them can hold a candle to the Shield Plus. My P-365 is at my LGS for sale on consignment!

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BBMW:
Are you good with the size of the Shield Plus as a carry gun? While not particularly large, and carried by a vast number of people, it is noticeably larger than the P365. I could see situation where the P365 could be more easily carried.[QUOTE]

It isn't that much noticeably larger to me, I pocket carry. The P-365 always felt wrong in my hand, and for whatever reason just didn't naturally point well, the grip is way off for my larger hands.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I think it's interesting how the mags are made by Mec-Gar and look like reverse-engineered P365 mags.
I think it’s interesting both of those mags remind me of the old HK P7M13 magazines.

THAT’S WHAT’S BEEN IN MY HEAD!!!! Smile Thank you. Every time I see those mags I kept having a thought in the back of my head that they looked like something and I couldn’t place it but yes they do look like P7M13 mags.

Good observation.
Agree.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a shield plus a few weeks ago, have about 500 rounds through it without one failure to date, the trigger is very nice, crisp and smooth, this is my first shield so really can not compare it to much, my other two hand guns are a Beretta 92x performance and. Colt gold cup trophy, so it is like comparing a yugo, to a Ferrari, all in all I do like the shield, fits well in my hand and I have larger hands, the std grip is nice and feels solid, for what it is, it’s a nice little handgun.

Posts: 10 | Location: People’s Republic of New Jersey | Registered: May 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...so it is like comparing a yugo, to a Ferrari, all in all I do like the shield, fits well in my hand and I have larger hands, the std grip is nice and feels solid, for what it is, it’s a nice little handgun."

So...the Beretta is a Yugo? Wink

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So...the Beretta is a Yugo?

No!... The Colt... Cool

Posts: 10 | Location: People’s Republic of New Jersey | Registered: May 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post