SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Really starting to like lasers for target shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really starting to like lasers for target shooting Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Could not work yesterday because of the rain in the morning and by early afternoon I had cabinet fever and decided to heat over to my gun club because the rain had stopped... New dessert tan Crimson Trace laser had come in for my MK-25 and so I installed it and put the black one on my P320 and did a little shooting with it and a few others...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have CT’s on two guns. JFRAME revolvers. For me they are nothing more then Night sights or odd angle/hip shooting aids. Unless I am going out of my way to try one of those things it’s always front sight for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good work, Blume.

It takes some practice.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I learned last year with the Romeo sight that you can see the sight picture move if your finger is not placed correctly on the trigger.. same with the laser.... I could never see this with just the standard sights....

I still don't cotton to the idea of relying on anything electric in a true defense weapon, red dot or laser, but I do think both help with shooting better.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Glad to see I’m not the only one who uses paper plates for targets! Good shooting!

One day several years ago I was having a very good day with my P229/.40 with the CT laser grip switched OFF. There was a young man, who I think was stationed here at DMAFB, and his father who was apparently visiting from somewhere else. Then I switched on the laser for a few strings, and I heard the young man say to his dad something like, “oh, that’s why he was doing so well”. I guess he thought the laser had been on the whole time. LOL.

As Blume9mm mentioned, the laser does help you see movement very easily.

They’re plain fun, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post