SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dirty P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dirty P365 Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tested or carried their P365 enough to get it good and dirty? Pocket lint? Body Dust? I know my Glock 43 is going to go bang regardless of how long ago I cleaned and oiled it last. I can't find any online reviews where someone dunked their P365 in the mud/sand/water/ice and fired it immediately. How sensitive is the P365 to less than frequent cleaning and lube?

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't carry my G43 dirty or unlubricated, and I certainly wouldn't carry any Sig without adequate lubrication.

I wouldn't worry about a little pocket lint, though it should be in a pocket holster.

As far as all the so-called stress-tests and abuse fests for handguns on youtube, the idea of dunking the pistol in sand or mud or freezing it in a block of ice and then firing is...stupid.

I don't pour sand in the carburetor or fuel tank of a car to see if it works. I don't take my torque wrenches and dunk them in sand, or my knives or anything else, let alone a pistol.

My P365's haven't failed thus far. I have one on the shelf that I haven't touched. I carried a P365 in a DeSantis pocket holster the last few days just to see how it rides. I popped it out at the range and fired it yesterday. It stays well lubricated, as do my other firearms.

Body dust? Generally it's to dust thou shalt return...but usually that comes at the end.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Mine was never carried, but it ran flawlessly for 1000 rounds with no cleaning. I made sure it was lubricated, but did not disassemble it at all during those rounds.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The number one reason for a SIG to fail is improper cleaning/ lubrication.

Why not properly care for a firearm? So, someone can bash it for failing?

I have carried my 365 for about six months, the same way I have carried my other pistols, and it has functioned properly.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta agree. I lightly clean and inspect my EDC at least weekly.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No matter what I am carrying it gets wiped down daily. ANY gun can fail with the right amount of gunk in just the wrong spot.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sns3guppy, what size DeSantis pocket holster fits?

Posts: 19 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: December 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying my 365 in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster since last summer.

On several occasions, I've taken it out of the holster for a friend to try at the range. It had been carried about a month or so prior in the pocket. A hundred or so rounds were ran through it and it never skipped a beat.

During my initial use/break in of it, I would run one to two hundred rounds through the gun, then try out a few different carry load options.. all without issue.

It's passed my reliability tests with flying colors. That's all that I'm concerned about.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robotoid:
Has anyone tested or carried their P365 enough to get it good and dirty? Pocket lint? Body Dust? I know my Glock 43 is going to go bang regardless of how long ago I cleaned and oiled it last. I can't find any online reviews where someone dunked their P365 in the mud/sand/water/ice and fired it immediately. How sensitive is the P365 to less than frequent cleaning and lube?

Any mechanical device that is exposed to certain conditions regardless of how reliable it is it will fail, in my case I maintain my edc in a constant basis and i inspect it on a regular basis. When I carry in my pocket it is in a pocket holster that covers the entire gun to keep any debris away from it, I understand that people want a reliable tool but also there are some unreasonable test and conditions some people are putting this things through. So the moral of the story is keep it clean and lubed in a good holster in normal conditions and it should work when needed.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BackupR9:

I forgot the model number for it, but the version that fits SIG 290s, a number of Kahr models, etc.

Look it up on Amazon. That's where I snagged mine up for about $26. It even lists the 365 in the compatibility section/description.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Interesting question ...

I thus far have 1400 flawless rounds down the pipe on mine without a single cleaning/lube with the exception of the initial tear down and lube. No pocket lint though.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:

I havcen't carried mine yet, but my pocket holster is a Desantis Nemesis for a Glock 42. Fits perfect.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This one says "V5" on a tab on the back.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the SKU for the Super Fly model that takes the 365:

M44BJMKZ0

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robotoid:

It's funny the feedback you get from some people. Having been a resistent Glock convert in the late 80's, I bought a used one from a fellow officer; an early gen 2 G-17. He had put about 5000 rds through it in the year he had it, and handed it to me fairly clean. I hated it, and decided it had to win my admiration or I'd sell it off. Over the next 9 months, I put 5700 rounds thru it, mostly lead handloads, with zero cleaning. Also did all the crazy durability tests which were the rage back then (soaked it in the river, threw it against the railroad tie backstop multiple times, drove over it with a pickup truck, and froze it in a block of ice). Ran fine and won me over. I've been a Glock armorer now for 18 years, and I can assure you, you are right the Glock will run completely dry and dirty. And, I agree one should not let their personal protective firearm be filthy, but unlubed is acceptable, per several of Glock's professional instructors and in my experience. When I don't want oil on my suits, I carry an unlubed Glock, to reduce dry-cleaning...

All that said, I bet Sigs, HKs, and Walthers would run under the same/similar circumstances

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I generally clean my pistols religiously, but wanted a bit of a torture test before switching to the P365 for carry.

I've shot about a thousand rounds with my P365 without cleaning it, with no failures. Just yesterday, put another hundred through it and shot the hole out of the center of the target at 7 yards.

RE: lint from carrying it. No data on that, as I haven't made the switch as yet, but that's coming. It fits right into the pocket holster I use for the Kahr, so that's going to be a straightforward swapout.

Posts: 14996 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post