SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got some stags finally on one of my 1911’s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Got some stags finally on one of my 1911’s Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Been meaning to get a pair of stags for one of my 1911’s for quite some time ever since I watched that Longmire series. Ended up picking up a really nice pair of elk stag grips that were pretty reasonably priced at about half of the Sambar stags and to me these look just as good as anything that I have seen online.

Anyone else have a 1911 with a pair of nice stag grips that they care to share? I’m sure we’ve had a thread like this before in the past, but I can’t recall.

 
Posts: 4788 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Purdy!
 
Posts: 18744 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wild in Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The double for Walt Longmire's Colt 1911 in .45 ACP. with stag grips is on display at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
Serial #C187569 on loan from Independent Studio Services.

PC
 
Posts: 1495 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks great. I was badly tempted by a Colt we had in the display case at the shop early this year that had a gorgeous set of stag grips on it. The rest of the gun was actually pretty unimpressive for the money, but damn did I want those grips.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19283 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I have a Colt that I may end up putting them on in the future. Funny I originally got them for a Ruger SR 1911 Commander.
 
Posts: 4788 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
You're grips look great. I like antler and stag.

.
 
Posts: 1970 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice. Always wanted a set.
 
Posts: 491 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That’s something I’ve had “on my list” for my 1911 for a long time. They look great.


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8795 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Those look great. Where did you get them?



 
Posts: 160 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Thanks again guys, I got em from EBay from a guy who goes by Cactusgripper. Really smooth process with excellent communication and outstanding quality for the price IMHO.
 
Posts: 4788 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
You turned that Kimber into a barbecue gun, looks great!




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2470 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
What sort of New Orleans pimp would put... oh wait.
Those look pretty sharp.



"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
 
Posts: 4734 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I like that, OP!

I, too, was originally inspired by no less than the “Longmire” TV series when it comes to stag grips for a 1911. (As an aside, the book series by Craig Johnson is, IMO, even better).

Shown here is a pet Les Baer UTC that I went through several grip choices on before landing on this set of stags. I eventually sold this pistol in favor of something I wanted more at the time; I always smile when I come back across a picture of it.





"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 6924 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I like that, OP!

I, too, was originally inspired by no less than the “Longmire” TV series when it comes to stag grips for a 1911. (As an aside, the book series by Craig Johnson is, IMO, even better).

Shown here is a pet Les Baer UTC that I went through several grip choices on before landing on this set of stags. I eventually sold this pistol in favor of something I wanted more at the time; I always smile when I come back across a picture of it.




OMG,don’t post pictures like that!!! The OPS 1911 and this one both look great, and makes me want to get some. Shame on you for encouraging others to spend money on our hobbies.
That Les Baer is incredible.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Yeah that Baer is awesome, love the tone and the grain as well as the gentle wear on the pistol!
 
Posts: 4788 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got some stags finally on one of my 1911’s

© SIGforum 2026