SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G42 - trigger connector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G42 - trigger connector Login/Join 
posted
I bought a slightly used G42 recently and the trigger felt quite a bit heavier than my G43, so I ordered a Glock - connector. I installed it this evening and wow! It made a huge difference. I've put various brands of 3.5lb connectors in Glocks before and sometimes I could barely tell the difference. This connector is like a night day difference. It's the best trigger on a Glock I've ever pulled, very crisp and very light.
If this was on a Glock that I only shot at the range I would be super happy but I'm not so sure about a self defense pistol. I sold a a Ruger lc9s because it's trigger was so light I would have unintentional double taps. Not good for a gun that I might be forced to pull on someone. I haven't shot it yet, so I'll have to wait and see how that works out. I may feel the need to put the old connector back in. The gun was made in 2016. I've read that several changes have been made over the years. How do the triggers feel in new G42s? I'm curious about what kind of connector the new ones have.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your new connector has 33564 imprinted on it, that is what they are all shipping with. I bought my G42 in late 2015/early 2016 and it had the old connector. I had the armored at a GSSF match change it when the new one came out. Made a world of difference. While I don’t carry the 42 (I carry either a 19 or 26), I don’t feel it’s too light of a trigger to do that.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post