SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I am kind of intrigued by the P365XL and X Macro. Any major issues to be aware of in 2023 forward?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am kind of intrigued by the P365XL and X Macro. Any major issues to be aware of in 2023 forward? Login/Join 
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
You can easily add a safety to an XL. The Macro is a bit different (where the safety goes is thicker) so the grip has to be modified. It is doable, but takes some work.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
How does the Tac Ops carry compared to the Shield?

quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I got my Tac Ops about three weeks ago. Twice to the range, 100 rounds through it. No hiccups, I had planned to run 200 rounds through it before I semi retire my 1.0 Shield but I’m confident enough in it to start carrying it once I get a couple boxes of Critical Defense for it.

I preferred the non comped slide. The grip is comfortable, I have kind of big hands. At some point I might add a manual safety, still on the fence with that.

Coming with four magazines is a definite plus too.

Going to start carrying it Monday.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
To answer your original questions in a general sense there seem to be no issues with the 365 series since the initial problems several years ago.
The Wilson grips make the gun slightly bigger and easier to grip and shoot. I think it is worth it on the bigger guns (xl and macro)but I don’t have one on the smaller 365. It makes it a little too bulky for pocket carry which is how I carry it. If you aren’t going to pocket carry, it may be worth it as well.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
There are now plenty of OEM 17 rounders available for the X-Macro.

I do not understand why so many are touting the Wilson grip module over the factory X-Macro module with interchangeable back straps.

Trigger ... meh. I'm probably going-to swap-out the factory flat trigger with either an Intellifire from Tyrant or a M-Carbo Short Stroke in the near future.

Anyways, I'm super happy with my X-Macro. I've put a little over 1000 rounds through it, it is my EDC piece now having replaced my Shield 1.0, and I have had nary a hiccup or reliability issue with my X-Macro from the first magazine forward.

I will add this. The 17 rounders take a little breaking-in. Getting that last round loaded is tough at first, which is why it comes with the loader. I've left mine loaded to the hilt and the loading that last round has gotten easier. Still tight but the loader is no longer needed.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the OP, thank you! I had trouble with model names/ sizes too. Very interested in an xl. Wasn’t aware that the Tac-ops shipped with 4 mags. I was an early adopter of the original config and couldn’t get comfortable enough with it to edc. Might give the larger size another go. Thx again!
Drew

Posts: 30 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Potential P365 series issues.

If the stripper rail is too rough it can make it extremely difficult to retract the slide over a magazine loaded to capacity. My P365 (Born Summer of 2020) had this problem and the stripper rail put deep scratches into the brass shell cases. It felt very gritty when retracting the slide. I wet sanded the stripper rail on my P365 down to 2,000 grit and this cured the problem. But my P365XL (Born summer of 2022) did not have this problem. YMMV.

The trigger is usually gritty, but it smooths out with use. But it becomes even smoother if you polish the trigger linkage bar where it contacts the sear and striker safety lever. This polishing has no effect on the required trigger pull force.

Personally I prefer the curved trigger. It has more room inside the trigger guard for a gloved finger. Also, your finger will be at the same point on the trigger every time which I believes helps keep your shooting more uniform. It's very easy to swap the triggers. If you pull at the same point on the trigger it will require the same pull force whether it is the curved or flat trigger. There is no difference in the action of the Sig triggers. It mainly affects the way it feels on your finger. YMMV.

The P365 and P365XL have a top heavy floppiness when low on ammunition. I made a 2.0 oz tungsten weight and glued it into the recess inside the handgrip. This greatly reduced the floppiness and also offset the nose heaviness of the longer slide on the P365XL. Wilson Combat sells 1.5 oz tungsten weight kits that fit inside their grip modules.

The web between your thumb and forefinger can catch on beavertail on the P365XL during a draw. A little bit of sanding on the beavertail to round the sharp corners will eliminate the problem.

BEWARE of the Sig P365 series SLIDE JAMMING FEATURE! When reinstalling the slide, if you aren't paying attention, the takedown lever could get bumped and rotate into the 4:30 position. If you attempt to reinstall the slide it will jam up solid and be VERY difficult to remove!

So make sure that you always keep your thumb lightly on the takedown lever rotating the lever as far clockwise as possible (6:30 position) when you reinstall the slide. Also, make sure that the striker safety lever is pushed down or it will prevent you from reinstalling the slide.

Also, before you shoot a brand new P365 series pistol, clean it and lube it.

Posts: 34 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: August 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 365 Macro and ended up putting the slide on a Wilson Combat XL frame. The Macro/XL has a Holosun Red Dot on it. I also have an 365XL slide on another Wilson Combat XL frame with a TLR6 light mounted to frame. That is going to be my pistol for my new job (Court Security/Bailiff...your choice on duty pistol but at this time, no red dots on duty pistol). I like the XL frame as it is it is a bit easier to conceal while having access to 12, 15, or 17 round magazines for reloads (depending on which base plate is used for the magazine). I also have a regular 365 and that will end up in an ankle holster as a back up.

I really like the 365 series so far, no issues with several hundred rounds through each pistol.

Posts: 3937 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post