SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 Faux Ivory Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Faux Ivory Grips Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

Purchased a beautiful set of faux ivory grips from Boone Trading Company, Brinnon, WA.
The grips look like and feel like real ivory. Check them out...nice folk to deal with.

Picture below of my Colt Government Model Ltwt with the grips installed:

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those do look nice.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
“Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore-house would carry pearl-handled revolvers... These are ivory.”

― General George S. Patton

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, those look great! I have a set of same from them that I sometimes install for a change from stag grips.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
P.S. - is that Colt one of the XSE models? It also looks great, regardless.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front Range and all,

The Colt is an XSE model. Colt didn't make many lightweight government models and I cherish mine. Carries like a Ltwt Commander, but gives full size ballistics.

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Very nice. For those interested here's the link to their 1911 grips:
https://www.boonetrading.com/c...1911-simulated-ivory

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Great looking combination

I wish that Lightweight Government was in my herd of 1911s

I have always thought that Ivory looked good on 1911s, Here are a couple of my Colts

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Those look great. They feel like the real deal, you say? If so, I'm pretty interested. I have a set of Kirinite grips I got for my Ruger New Vaquero. They look like the real deal and have nice color and grain. However, they feel incredibly plasticky, and I do not like them. I had some "bonded" faux ivories that didn't look as nice, but felt great. One of the panels split at the grip screw, and that was that.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Just received my second set of grips. This set relieved for ambidextrous safeties. Very nice work and, if it's possible, they look and feel better than the first set.

Wes

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That Colt looks great.
I would prefer real grips but that is still a looker. Cool

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Ivory looks good on a blued pistol.

Posts: 5147 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of 1911 grips made of water buffalo bone grips off of Ebay. Less than $50. Fit and look great on my CZ 1911a1.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious. Is the grips you bought the "Simulated" or the "American" grips?

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also curious about the difference between simulated ivory and simulated elephant ivory...
Is it just the visible grain on the elephant ivory? I think I would prefer a smooth texture personally, but I don't know. I've only had g10 golf ball pattern grips on my 1911 til now.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2746 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post