SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Compact Medium vs. P320 Nitron Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Compact Medium vs. P320 Nitron Compact Login/Join 
posted
Hi guys, I recently went shooting at a local range and shot the P320 Compact Medium (specifically says it on the side of the frame) because I am looking into buying the Nitron Compact. They seem to be identical in terms of size, but I noticed there are a few slight differences such as the trigger thickness and a few other minor details. Does anyone know about this? Is the Compact Medium perhaps just the older version of the Nitron Compact? Any insight into this would be super helpful. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, they should be pretty much identical.
Difference in trigger could be an age or a pre/post 'upgrade' difference.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

You said "Medium" is on the side of the frame. The P320 has what SIG calls a "plastic grip module". If that's where it says "medium" then SIG may just be telling you that the pistol came with a medium (rather than small or large) sized grip module.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! I've never seen a grip module labeled "compact medium"...the only way I've seen them denote grip module size is with an "S" for small, "M" for a medium, or "L" for large at the base of the backstrap down near the mag well. This holds true for grip modules shipped with both pre- and post- upgrade P320s, as well as every P250 grip module I've seen. I've seen a lot of them, but I haven't seen them all, so I guess it's possible there might be something different out there.

From what I've seen, most of the compact, carry, and full-size guns ship with the medium module. If you want a large or small one, you typicaly have to order it separately. My subcompact came with a small module, which I replaced with a larger one...but sadly they discontinued the subcompact altogether. You can still get the subcompact-sized slide and barrel on the X-Compact, last I checked, just with a larger x-series compact-sized grip (IMO Sig did their customers a disservice with the naming of the X-compact, as it departed from the established convention and served to further muddle the already confusing naming scheme for the P320s).

Like P250UA5 said, there is a difference in the thickness of the pre- and post- upgrade triggers...the pre-upgrade ones are thicker and heavier than the new ones. The new ones are skinnier to reduce mass and the associated chance of them actuating under inertia if dropped. What you are looking at may be a pre-upgrade gun. If it is, that's not the end of the world...Sig will upgrade it for free if you call them, and pay shipping both ways. It's a pretty painless process.

Here's a graphic demonstrating the differences in the pre- and post- upgrade guns:

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The older ones had medium on the side of the grip module up along the frame , newer have a small letter on the back .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
The older ones had medium on the side of the grip module up along the frame

Yup. I have two pre-“upgrade” modules that are marked “Full Medium” on the right side near the front above the accessory rail. I imagine that other size modules were similarly labeled.

And yes, to confirm, markings like “medium,” “small,” “M,” or “S” on the grip module refer to the module’s grip size, not to the overall size of the gun. Those sizes are Full, Carry, Compact, and Subcompact (plus some X- sizes) and vary based on the size of the barrel/slide and of the magazine capacity.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Huh, I've never seen that. Good to know!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post