SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G26…Great day at the range.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G26…Great day at the range. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I have two pistols that serve as my micro or ultra subcompact with a 10+ round count. One is a Glock 43X, and the other is a Glock 26 GEN three.

Today I took both of them with me to the range just for a side to side comparison. While shooting, the 43X had a lot more recoil than the 26, by far. Once I settled into my shooting, I was getting fairly decent groups with the 26, well the 43X still shoots left. (I understand that this is a common thing with the slim frame Glocks…)

I know I’m bucking the current trend, and I know that we’ve talked about the 26 before, but it consistently still shows that it’s a better shooter (at least for me) than the 43X.

For me the shorter stub of your gun still concealed easier for me because I’m not having to deal with the longer grip. I know this is been discussed before, but I was just so happy with my results that I had to share.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I still like the 26. Carried one for a while. Not too long ago, it was kinda the king of concealed for me.

If I had to chose between the two, I’d take the 26 over the 43X with factory mags.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never shot my 43 particularly well. I have never gotten a 26 but I need to. My 365’s, especially with the WC grip modules shoot lights out for me. If I carried a Glock I think it would be the 26.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The 26 is a reliable and solid performer. It's a good size for concealment, easy to carry, shoots almost like a full-size, and is versatile as it can accept all the larger Glock mags as reloads. I carried one for years and always felt adequately armed.

I recently sold mine because I've been working on consistent presentation, and the grip angle on the Glock differs so much from my P320s that it just isn't conducive to what I'm trying to do. If I was carrying a Glock for work, I'd have definitely kept it.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
A Gen4 G26 is the only Glock I currently own. For me, the 26 has always seemed to shoot “better than it should for a gun its size,” and it carries quite well for me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Gen3 G26 is still my edc. Haven't found enough of a reason to change.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 a consistently reliable performer. Fits my hand and to me, the trigger is better than the 43.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I have the G43 and I rented a G26 about 10 years ago. I remember that G26 very well, and still can not believe I haven’t given up that G43 for a G26. Recoil from the G43 is unpleasant and recoil from the G26 seemed about the same as my G17, which is the handgun I am the most comfortable shooting. I’ve held a G43X and it feels much better in my hand than the G43 and the LGS was ok with a trade, but I just couldn’t make the trade. Now that this thread has me thinking about it again, I just might get rid of the G43 for a G26. Old design doesn’t mean it isn’t any good anymore. New is not always better.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These G26 threads are always the same- endless praise and very little criticism from those who own and shoot the 26.

An argument can be made for the G26 being the top candidate for that "one handgun" in an end-of-the-world scenario- that is, for those of us who aren't allergic to striker-fired pistols.

The G19 always gets mentioned as that one handgun, but in my experience, the G26 is just as reliable and just as accurate as the G19 and can fit in spaces the G19 cannot. The G26 accepts any double column 9mm Glock magazine. Few pistols of its size can accepts factory magazines holding over 30 rounds and no other manufacturer's pistols can exceed the reliability of the G26.

A person can disassemble the G26 almost entirely using rudimentary tools- a ballpoint pen or a nail or a paperclip, etc. Parts are widely available and all but the major components (frame, slide and barrel) are inexpensive.

It's hard to believe that 2025 will mark the 30th anniversary of the little Glock that could. I bought a G26 as soon as I could get my hands on one and have added two more since- a Gen3 and a Gen5.

Here's to one of the greatest.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The G26 is the small Glock that shoots & performs like the big ones. It both Carries & conceals brilliantly. What more could you want?

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Yeah but the G26 is so old and outdated...

Yep it is so hard to beat them, they are tested and just perform and cannot be beat.

It cracks me up to watch all those chasing the next latest and greatest gun to come out. Seems to be about one or two new releases every year.

I found my G26 around 1995 and it has stuck, plain, simple, reliable and easy to maintain.

Why look any further!

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I got mine in early 1996. I had to order it, paid in advance. When the pistol came in, it had a badly warped dust cover. This was not your usual "pig nose" which would have been tolerable. No, the dust cover on my new G26 was warped downwards like a gaping mouth. It looked horrible. You could see the damn RSA from across the room.

Well it was paid-for and the dealer damn sure wasn't going to send it back. I brought it to Glock's Smyrna office. Those were the days when you could walk right up to the door and the receptionist buzzed you in. The tech looked at the pistol, Chris Edwards took a look at it and they replaced it on the spot, and that's the Gen2.5 you see in my pic.

That's Glock customer service for you.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I was always amazed in the past when you would mention doing a walk in with your Glocks.
Pretty damn good no bs service.
Have also seen mention of people getting service when at shooting matches or Events with Glock reps in attendance.

My first G26 was also a 2.5. Didn't know what i had and sold it off locally when needing funds.

Replaced it later with a Gen3. I had also bought a G17 when i first bought the 26 but never fired it. Ended up giving it and a nos Ruger mini 14 to my soninlaw as a wedding present.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
My Gen 3 26 is still my daily carry, little over 3 years now. Being in CA, I don’t care to pay for the inflated prices for the new off roster stuff. Even so, I think it’s a great little gun, I don’t have any complaints. Pretty much just Glock 26 and Glock 20 for me now. Still have my P226 I’ll never sell, but doesn’t get shot often anymore.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My gen 3 26 is still my go-to almost all of the time. I like my 365 and shoot it well but I have largish hands and THE baby Glock is the perfect fit for me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I never warmed up to the G26.

Likely because I was a hardcore Sig shooter from the early 1990s till my first Glock, G21, in 2006.

I also had a bed range day with a G27 in the 90s, which I'm sure pushed me away from the baby Glocks, but...

I know plenty of people who absolutely love them and shoot them as well or better than their duty pistols.

At this point, I have too many pistols, and way too many Glocks, to pick up a G26, but we will see what the future holds.

My duty carry now is G19M MOS, so a G26 would complement that well.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of attention on the 365 and Hellcat, but the G26 renders the hi cap subcompact hype old news.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, yes and no. I'm 5'8" on a good day. Smaller guns are easier to conceal. With MagGuts inserts I can carry 12+1 rounds in a smaller and thinner package. I also carry appendix and right or wrong I want a manual safety on a striker gun if I carry in that manner. I would love to add a G26 to the stable but the 365 is a tough package to beat. I definitely would give the reliability and tested to death credit to the baby Glock, but my 365's have been 100% as well.

They are both great guns. I carry a 365 though and doubt a 26 could budge it off that perch, the 43 certainly didn't.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Love my P365 but my G33 isn't leaving my carry rotation. I've always shot the subcompacts well.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Para...that's a beaut! I had the 27 for a while...but the recoil was to put it mildly...unpleasant. Because of that I never tried the G26 until about a year and a half ago, now it gets the majority of carry time. All the money and time I have wasted if I had only gotten the 26 instead of the 27...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post