SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I am like a kid, waiting for Christmas - Ruger Related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am like a kid, waiting for Christmas - Ruger Related Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
So Saturday I stopped by the "Pusher" on my way home from the Cowboy match.

I casually asked if they had the new Ruger LCRx 3" in .357. It was just released at the Shot Show. Kid says "no, but we can order it". So now it is coming, should be about a week more to get here, and I'm drumming my fingers waiting to get my hands on this. Since my wife "claimed" my .38 LCRx in 3", I think I'll have to hide it from her.

Pictures to come next week.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 3 inch in 38. Great walking the dog/snake gun. Tried putting the smaller lcr grips on it but it was out of balance.
I usually load up some stought wadcutter loads and that's plenty for me.
Can't honestly say I'd look forward to using magnums in it.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
I have the 3 inch in 38. Great walking the dog/snake gun. Tried putting the smaller lcr grips on it but it was out of balance.
I usually load up some stought wadcutter loads and that's plenty for me.
Can't honestly say I'd look forward to using magnums in it.

I was gonna say...

+P loads in my steel S&W 60 is plenty snappy enough for me, thanks.

My LCR in .22 Mag is a joy to carry tho.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Mike, the .357 is 5 ounces heavier, but I don't think I'll shoot many .357's out of it. I just prefer having the ability to do so. My first two cylinders are always snake shot when walking the dogs anyway.

UPDATE: I just got the call from the dealer this morning. Gun is ready to be picked up. I'll try to cut out early to go get it.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Those look like a great gun; looking forward to the pictures.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Original:

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

posted Hide Post
Nice, thaks for the post.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the new look to those Rugers. I really dig that grip. Seems like a comfortable gun to shoot.

Posts: 6899 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Here it is with the Hogue grips installed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rolan_Kraps,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
VZ grips

I was timing how long I was staring at this pic - Too Long - Beautiful Pairing

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. It looks fantastic.
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I love the new look to those Rugers. I really dig that grip. Seems like a comfortable gun to shoot.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Actually, they aren't VZ grips. They are for Hogue. https://www.hogueinc.com/ruger...10-g-mascus-red-lava

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, Shooting Report:
Cowboy Loads - FUN
158 Grain Defensive .38 loads - Manageable
.357 rounds - WHOA MOMMA THAT'S A HANDFUL. I shot 2 rounds of 5 and unloaded it. I may try it again with the original rubber grips.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Beautiful revolver Roland. Having reloaded for my Python for many years I managed to find a very digestible .357 round, though a high fps using Blue dot powder with a mild recoil. Always a thrill shooting .357 loads. But, I found 38+ factory loads shot great and very accurate and just as fun. Enjoy your new revolver Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post