SIGforum
AMA - Oracle Arms 2311 & Laugo Alien

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8880021894

January 24, 2023, 09:55 AM
cmr076
AMA - Oracle Arms 2311 & Laugo Alien
Hi all!

It’s been a While since I’ve been active on sf. Through one or two career changes, raising our son, etc. I’ve been looking for a job that would pay me to chat with my “invisible friends” (what my wife calls you all).

If anyones interested in where I’ve been, I’m more than happy to fill you in, but in the interest of not cluttering this thread, I figured I’d leave it out.

Who I am.. my name is Dave (or David) Rossi, I’m the Sales manager for Oracle Arms, and Laugo Arms USA. Oracle arms just launched our first product at this past shot show, called our 2311. Oracle arms is also now the USA importer for Laugo Arms USA (the guys that brought us the Alien pistol, they also sold CZ their initial prototype for what eventually became the Scorpion Evo.)

Why I’m posting about it here. Because I appreciate you all, and have seen a couple posts about the 2311 recently, and wanted to give you guys a direct line to the horses mounth Big Grin any questions you guys have about Oracle Arms as a company, our gun the 2311, or the Laugo Arms Alien Pistol, I’ll do my best to give you a no BS answer. If I don’t know an answer, I’ll tell you, then get it answered for you.

I figured to start, I’ll write down the answers to the questions I got asked most at shot show last week. I’ve seen a lot of speculation floating around the interwebz stated as facts that I hope this’ll help clear up. Any other questions… fire away!

(Para, if this isn’t the best subforum for this, I apologize)

Ok.. the 2311.

The 2311 started as a concept around 11-12 months ago, drawn on a napkin at shot show 2022. The concept was to make a “high end, race gun accurate pistol, with polymer duty pistol dependability, and without the inherent issues that seem to be prevalent across the double stack 1911 race gun market (mainly; mag price, mag reliability, and lack of ambi options).

How did we do that? Everyone involved in the project loves 1911’s. So we took the best parts of the 1911, eliminated the parts we (and most people) dislike, incorporated ambi controls, then started looking at magazines.. the 1911 and p320 have a very similar grip angle, the p320 magazines are everywhere (including the army), they’re reliable, and they aren’t cost prohibitive. We took all of the aforementioned, and 10 months later we had our 2311; a 1911 style pistol with a 7075 aluminum frame, series 70 fire control group, no grip safety, ambi p320 mag release, external sig 365 extractor, a linkless barrel (similar to a cz75 barrel), no barrel bushing, and interchangeable grip modules and magwells. The gun field strips (and goes back together) in seconds, and can be configured to fit nearly every shooters hand (by swapping grips and magwells around). All 5 variants of the pistol will ship in a REALLY nice case we had Savior make for us, and depending on the model, will either ship with 3 or 5 magazines.

Here are a few unedited pictures of our combat and combat elite models from when I was at our shop outside Reno (the difference will be the grip module on the elite is aluminum vs polymer on the combat and is double undercut as well as scalloped around the mag release, the slide on the elite is windowed, and has suppressor height sights. The combat variants ship with 3 17rd mags, the combat elite ships with 2 17rd mags and 3 21rd mags.

Fire away with questions!

[IMG]

image uploader[/IMG]

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R
January 24, 2023, 10:00 AM
VictimNoMore
Nice to see you back, Dave, and congrats on the neat job. I look forward to learning more about these pistols.
January 24, 2023, 10:17 AM
Great to see you back with a new job that actually allows you to shoot the breeze with us.

Q

January 24, 2023, 10:22 AM
P250UA5
Welcome back.
Had to look back at your post history, could've sworn (and confirmed) you were in the automotive field.

The black model above suits my likes a bit more than the FDE. Both look nice.

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 24, 2023, 10:36 AM
P220 Smudge
Congrats on the new job, and I'm glad you're doing well! Good to see you post.

January 24, 2023, 10:45 AM
DanH
Cool. This is one of the guns I'm looking forward to. The biggest question I have is are you going to come out with a 2311 "Commander" with the compact slide and full size frame? If not, will there be frames available and how much would one cost?
January 24, 2023, 11:18 AM
Jim Watson
series 70 fire control group

*Real 1911 hammer, sear, disconnector?

ambi p320 mag release, external sig 365 extractor,

*Real SIG made parts?

The gun field strips (and goes back together) in seconds,

*How does the ambi slide stop dismount?
January 24, 2023, 11:20 AM
YVK
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
Hi all!

I figured to start, I’ll write down the answers to the questions I got asked most at shot show last week. I’ve seen a lot of speculation floating around the interwebz stated as facts that I hope this’ll help clear up. Any other questions… fire away!

Two questions, both in a context of competition uses for products of Both companies you're representing.

For competition version of 2311, could you please comment on compatibility of your aluminum frame with other/aftermarket magwells. As you probably know, magwells are like a separate religion for gamers.

For the Alien, its use in competition has been significantly hampered by absence of 140 and 170 mm extended magazines. When can we expect them?

P.S. Late add-on: the way your RDS two best competition optics which are Trijicom SRO and Romeo 3 Max. Am I wrong in that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YVK,
January 24, 2023, 11:30 AM
calugo
How much $$$$$?
January 24, 2023, 11:42 AM
DanH
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
How much $$$$$?

From the other thread:

- Compact w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,699

- Compact Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,999

- Combat w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 17-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,199

- Combat Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, two 17-round magazines & three 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,599

- Competition w/ stainless steel frame, aluminum grip, five 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,999
January 24, 2023, 12:56 PM
YooperSigs
Well, since you invite input, I will repeat what I posted in the earlier thread:
Trim down the magwell for concealed carry.
Lose the right side ambi controls.
Price it at about $1200.
The use of 320 mags is great! But the readily available and often cheaper 226 magazine would be an even better option.
Thanks for letting us ordinary types weigh in on your new gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
January 24, 2023, 01:22 PM
monoblok
Well if the 2311 is anything close to that other pistol that you represent (the Alien; I do enjoy the heck out of mine), then it should be one fine and dandy pistol. I do appreciate that it uses P320 mags, especially now that I'm in a state that currently limits box mag cap space to 10 rounds. It still sucks paying $45 for a 320 ten rounder, but it sucks 3 times worse buying a 10 rounder that's Staccato-compatible.

-MG
January 24, 2023, 04:16 PM
.38supersig
Looks good.

Have you any plans to make something besides a(nother) 9mm?

February 16, 2023, 08:47 AM
YVK
I certainly hope nothing bad happened in this dude's life.
February 16, 2023, 09:00 AM
smschulz
Thank you and good to hear from you once again. Cool
February 16, 2023, 11:18 AM
myrottiety
Little rich for my blood. But I think it's a great looking firearm.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
February 16, 2023, 12:53 PM
ArtieS
Wow. That FDE Oracle as pictured with light and sight has "HOME DEFENSE GUN" written all over it.

Very nice looking piece. I may just have to add one of those to the collection.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
February 16, 2023, 04:20 PM
neex
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:

Hopefully just busy getting this thing to market..?
February 16, 2023, 05:18 PM
YVK
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:

Hopefully just busy getting this thing to market..?

Perhaps. If that's the case then not following through on own initiatives, such as starting the "ask me questions" thread and not returning to it for three weeks and going, is a suboptimal marketing move.
February 16, 2023, 07:55 PM
Black92LX
Welcome back.
Appears the rear sight it part of the optics plate. No chance of a rear sight behind the optic?
None of the pics show that configuration.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!