SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    AMA - Oracle Arms 2311 & Laugo Alien
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMA - Oracle Arms 2311 & Laugo Alien Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cool. Dunno if we ever conversed previously under my current or my former bricked account, but welcome back. Now right to it...

1. So what's the deal with the threaded barrel on the Alien? Specifically the one on my Alien (full kit), since that's about the only one that actually matters to me. Wink Big Grin

Given that the barrel threads don't extend proud of the end of the slide, what does it take to mount any can on this barrel? Is there an extension available? I certainly didn't get anything with the gun. Or is this an instance that I have to buy the specific Laugo/B&T suppressor in order to hush the gun?

That indeed would make me very sad. Frown

2. One thing I thought was neat but ultimately I've come to thoroughly detest is the RDS being fixed. I typically overhand rack slides, which obviously doesn't work when there's a fixed obstacle like a red dot impeding things. The now mandatory slingshot pinch, pull and release really isn't my thing. Plus the Alien like CZs doesn't exactly provide a lot of real estate for that slingshot release. Are any of the Retro RDS components available for purchase so I can modify my Full Kit version such that the optic can move with the slide? Has there ever been any thought to making a more accommodating mount for other brands of optics? Or is that custom work between my brain's wantlist and my favority gunsmith?

Speaking of parts, will Lancer EVER have spares? Maybe it's just due to my bad timing, but they never seem to have either large or small kits in stock.

As for the 2311: pretty cool as well. Like the use of existing SIG magazines, especially for us Iron Curtain states. 10rd 2011 mags are ridiculously priced, since there's only a single source for them (at least that my Google skills were able to find).

EDIT: I see now that I already posted about the 2311 a few weeks earlier...short-term memory is not what it used to be, so it seems Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monoblok,

-MG

Posts: 2226 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Hell, I’d buy one. I’ve been thinking about something not a staccato. If I can put an acro on it, count me in

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post