SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red Dot Romeo 1 Pro vs Romeo 2 vs Romeo 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot Romeo 1 Pro vs Romeo 2 vs Romeo 3 Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about getting a red dot for either my P365 or buying a P320 with adding a red dot. Getting the P320RX is problematic with the supply chain at the moment.

I saw on YouTube someone getting a Romeo 3 from sig and mounting it on a pistol when sig was out of a Romeo 1 under warranty. He paid an extra $100.

With the Romeo 2 delayed to an unknown time what does the brain trust think.

Get the Remeo 1 Pro, wait for the Romeo 2 or mount the Romeo 3.

My understanding is that the milling is different for all three so I would need to pick one without getting into adapter plates.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the romeo 3 is rail mounted so designed more for rifles/carbines or a pistol with a top rail.

But I’m also not an optics expert so I probably should t be giving advice. I can say that I mounted a Romeo1 Pro we got in on one of my buddies M18’s a couple days ago and it worked perfect.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Romeo 3 has a detachable rail mount, without it is just a little bigger than a romeo 1 at the base.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Go with the Romeo 1 Pro. Romeo 3 Max is great with a Springer Precision mount for the X5 Legion, but too big for the standard P320 in my opinion.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
None of them are going to work for your P365. You'll need a micro red dot like the Romeo Zero, Shield RMS/RMSc, or a Holosun 407k/507k that are designed for CCW guns.

For duty style guns, the Romeo 3 is desgined as a competition optic. It's also meant to be mounted to a rail mount like this:

It's a great sight for gun games, but it's not durable enough for hard duty use (or built for it like the Trijicon SRO).

As long as you use the protected shroud it comes with, the Romeo 1 Pro will be fine, and will perfectly co-witness with the XRay3 or Sig suppressor sights. Romeo 2 looks to be an upgrade in every way, but you will pay an extra $150 for the bonuses when it comes out.

I'd start with finding the gun you want, see what it will mount, and then look at optics. If it's one of the popular guns, there's usually a way to mount whatever you want with an adaptor plate of some kind without sending your gun away to be milled.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post