SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 22LR Conversion kit West German recoil Spring guide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 22LR Conversion kit West German recoil Spring guide Login/Join 
posted
I have just purchased a Sig Sauer P220 22lr kit , for my west German p220 38 super auto. For the life of me i can not get the recoil spring guide to be flush with barrel .

Posts: 2 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: August 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
Try posting your question in the Sig Armorer sub forum. It might get you the help you are looking for. Best of luck.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/150601935

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 143 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Classic Captain:
I have just purchased a Sig Sauer P220 22lr kit , for my west German p220 38 super auto. For the life of me i can not get the recoil spring guide to be flush with barrel .

My factory P220 .22LR conversion kit will not function on my W. German P220 38 Super, but performs flawlessly on the German P220 .45acp.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking you may need to get a locking insert for a P220 chambered in .45 Auto. The rimfire kit may not be compatible with an insert for 38s.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I also believe that the locking insert is the issue

Have you tried the kit on a 45ACP version of the P220?

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to try this to see what is going on.

The locking insert seems plausible, but my P220 22lr conversion kit also works just fine on my P226, which uses a different locking block.

And the P226 9mm barrel fits/functions just fine in my P220 .38Super.

So- locking block 'could' be it- but I don't know what it is for sure.

If I have time, I'll pull out my P220 .45 and compare the kit on that to on the p220 .38super.

Don't know if the fact that my p220 is a stainless carry will matter, but it is.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post