SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help! Remove G19 slide from frame (no barrel)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Remove G19 slide from frame (no barrel) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I guess I did something stupid. I was cleaning my gen 3 19 and just wanted to check something and installed my slide w/o barrel onto the frame.

Now I can't get the slide off regardless of trigger status. I think the trigger (slide side) is getting caught up on the trigger release (frame side).

Help? What's the trick?

ETA: Never mind - I got it off. Not sure exactly how but I kept playing with the trigger and the slide lock lever while trying to keep pushing the slide off. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12742 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it happens again, sometimes it is easier to remove the slide internals and take it off from there.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you tried holding the trigger all the way to the rear while you try to remove the slide? You may need another set of hands to assist.

Posts: 107660 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to avoid stripping the slide but that was going to be the last recourse. And would have needed to remove the Delta Point Micro I just installed w/ Blue. Good thing is I got it off somehow. So, it's possible to do it although I'm not sure exactly what the right sequence is (but probably similar to the standard method).

I tried holding the trigger all the back as well. It didn't work at first but I think it was part of how I eventually got the slide off.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12742 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Did you get it off?

Mr Google says....

Posts: 23512 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yea, I got it off. Good video.

I did get it off by fiddling with the slide lock lever, trigger and slide all at the same time. Not sure exactly what I did - it just suddenly slid off.

I'll need to remember not to put the slide on w/o a barrel.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Don’t feel bad, I did this same thing about a week ago. As soon as I put the slide on, I knew what I’d done. Took some fiddlin’, but I got it off. Just have to remember not to do it again Roll Eyes

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Does it make we weird that I want to take my Glock barrel out and go re-create this problem and figure out how to take the slide off?

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Does it make we weird that I want to take my Glock barrel out and go re-create this problem and figure out how to take the slide off?

Kind of. Wink

It's been quite a few years but I've been there, done that. Yes you can get it off by removing the striker, but the slide will come off by playing around with the trigger/bar positioning as the slide is being pushed forward. At least that's how I recall doing it after the first time I did this (the second time was intentional when I was told of the striker removal method). I've used both methods at least a couple of times since when customers have brought in Glocks with the same 'predicament', though it's been a few years since the last time we had to deal with this.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post