SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Baseplates for P220 8-rd Mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Baseplates for P220 8-rd Mags? Login/Join 
posted
I have a P220R police trade-in, with a photo hopefully below. It's in pretty good shape considering, but the stainless mags have beat up baseplates. I haven't been able to find any on the Googly, but I think and hope someone here knows a source for some. Thanks!

Posts: 432 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here's one option --> https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...et-aluminum-base-pad

Or you could just buy more mags and use the 'beat up' one for hard use/training. New mags cost about double what the Armory Craft Ballet Base Pads cost, and come with new springs too! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8928 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
I may be able to help. How many are you looking for?

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 145 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi sir - it came with four mags. One of them is OK and is going with my other P220. Three are rough to say it nicely, so I would like to pick up three baseplates. Any leads on factory grips like the ones on mine? I haven’t yet called SIG, but it looks like only the slim grips, or the E2/no-screw versions are available. I bought it off of GB and it’s actually in pretty good shape overall, with just some ankle biters I would like to get fixed. I don’t mind a couple of rub marks on the frame since it’s going to be a shooter anyway. Picked up an SP2022 last year and SIG blasted the Nitron slide back to stainless finish and it looks better than new – I am hoping they are still willing to do that. Thanks!

Posts: 432 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
OK. I will send a message to the email listed in your profile.

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
As for the grips on your P220, those are factory SIG slim grips. If you are looking to replace them, keep an eye on the Classifieds here or eBay for other new or used OEM P220 grips.
I have slim grips on my duty 220 and they make a world of difference. I added skateboard grip tape to the front strap for an even better grip.

posted Hide Post
I have tried other aftermarket grips for my 220s but always came back to the OEM slim grips. I put Talon tape on them and they are perfect for my use.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16108 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p220cop came to my rescue, gratis - he’s the second best guy on SigForum! Smile