SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Combat P365 XMacro grip modules are out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat P365 XMacro grip modules are out Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted
I found the email in my spam folder. Two versions, full dust cover and short dust cover.

SIG GRIP MODULES

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jlw
posted Hide Post
I ordered the short rail version. It fills my hand much better than the OEM module.

I've seen some reports of mags not dropping free. I've only tried a single, empty mag, but it is dropping free from both modules.

Both modules are locking into the holster I already had on hand for the OEM module.

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the small rail version should fit any XL holsters?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:

Don't need the XL holster. One for the 3.1-inch barrel would do just fine.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jlw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:

WC's literature states that the short rail module is compatible with all Macro holsters and most XL holsters.

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For goodness sake make one with a safety cutout.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the new WC “ Short “ module. Love the feel and the looks. The FCU slipped right in and magazines load and eject perfect whether empty or filled to max capacity.

I really like that any P 365 slide assembly works, X/XL/X Macro.

But the problem I had is that I couldn't get it to fit any of my P 365 X/XL holsters. I tried a Vedder light tuck, Tier 1 Echo, Upper Hand OWB, Galco Lite shoulder holster, it really didn’t come close to fitting in any of those holsters.

It does fit in my X Macro holsters but it doesn’t seem to lock in as well as the Sig X Macro module.

I was really looking forward to the WC X Macro short version and that it would allow the use of any slide assembly.

I think the issue is that the trigger guard is as thick as the X Macro , I was hoping it would be a X/XL sized module that would allow the use of the X Macro 17 round mags and fit any X/XL Holster.

I went back to a WC X/XL module.

Posts: 6 | Location: Detroit, Michigan,USA | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
Pedropcola,

You can call Wilson and ask them to make the manual safety cuts. But its an extra $25.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not see that on their website, thank you.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
It’s not on their website. I called and asked about it and that is what I was told. That’s how I ordered one with manual safety cuts.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
SigGuy.com just put a video up for a P365 Multi Function Tool that he will be making that includes a template for making the cutouts for the manual safety. It is only in Pre-Order right now.

Sig Guy 365 Multi-Function Tool - 365MFT

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rvbgtr:
It’s not on their website. I called and asked about it and that is what I was told. That’s how I ordered one with manual safety cuts.

I guess that how they squeeze more money out of you. You have to call and request it and fork out 25 extra bucks. Put it on the website and the cost is the same as one without MS cut. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
My WC Macro grip showed up on Tuesday, and I made the quick modifications for the manual safety to install it on my P365XL. I opted for the shorter dust cover / rail so it will work with a P365X slide, but I also prefer the look of the shorter frame with longer slide, like the old P22X series pistols. Here are some photos showing how I added the manual safety cutouts. I do all this by hand with hobby tools because I find them more forgiving than risking a slip with a Dremel.

The grip module has faint mold outlines for the manual safety cutouts on both sides, like the WC P320 and SIG factory grips all seem to have. The lines on this grip were pretty hard to see, so I traced them with an Xacto blade to make them easier to see to guide my cuts.

I started by drilling holes in the corners of the outline where the notches are rounded. It helps to refer to the factory grip module to see the shape of the cutouts.

Using some plastic nippers, I rough cut the notches along the inside of the outline and cleaned them up with the Xacto and some small files. I finished up by using some sanding sticks (emery boards) to smooth the cuts, and then I added some Slip2000 to the cut edges of the plastic. I find that this sort of seals the cuts and gives them a cleaner finish.

Here's how the longer slide looks on the short grip module.

The WC grip module feels fantastic. I don't have an XMacro and have only handled one in a store, so I can't compare it to the factory grip, but the WC grip shape, length, and texture feel great. I still want to keep my XL in its normal configuration but will probably have to get a Macro at some point.

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well dang. You guys might cost me 80 bucks.

I did buy a Macro when they first came out. I was already a WC grip guy so I didn’t actually like the “feel” as much. Then I tried to add a MS since all my 365’s have one and I wanted commonality. On the Sig frame you had to not only cut out the MS cutout but the plastic was thicker so you had to thin it out along the entire periphery. WC seems to have addressed that part by making it thinner to begin with. I never understood that Sig decision. So my Macro just turned into an X with extended mags.

This is interesting.

posted Hide Post
When I saw this thread I was hoping it was going to be the announcement of an aluminum grip module. Some time ago on the Wilson Combat Channel, Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn were discussing that there was a P365 grip module in the works, but an aluminum one hadn't been planned as of that time.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Now all we need is Armory Craft to start shipping their extended safety levels and we're good to go.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Now all we need is Armory Craft to start shipping their extended safety levels and we're good to go.

I’ve been holding out on getting a P365 for this very item lol.

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

The new grip module at least has a flat area of the correct thickness in the area where the slot of the manual safety needs to be cut. All that is needed is the template, which is sold on eBay for a modest sum, or you might be able to use the markings inside the frame. 3ACR_Scout's post, above, shows how easy it is to do this job.

The OEM grip module could not be converted MS use without thinning the outside of the wall of the grip frame as well as cutting the slot on both sides.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
The new grip module at least has a flat area of the correct thickness in the area where the slot of the manual safety needs to be cut. All that is needed is the template, which is sold on eBay for a modest sum, or you might be able to use the markings inside the frame. 3ACR_Scout's post, above, shows how easy it is to do this job.

I’ve done the safety cutouts on four Wilson Combat P320 grips and a SIG XCarry just by following the mold lines, and the WC Macro cutouts were easier and quicker than those.

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post