SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone shot a gun with the new .30 Super Carry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone shot a gun with the new .30 Super Carry Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's going anywhere, I just wanna screw around with it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody will make a Glock conversion in about 5 minutes

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it would be fun, but then again, I've been shooting a lot of different calibers as of late.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I totally understand the “just want to play around with it” part. I can’t throw stones there. Lol. Carry on.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I see it having a long line of success, right behind the .327 Federal Magnum.

(Sarcasm intended)

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any particular interest in it. However, I am generally supportive of attempts by the firearm industry to innovate and try new things. Even if it fails here, it may have a market in countries that don’t allow civilian ownership of military calibers.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt this bullet will go anywhere and if it does it will be years. There will have to be new guns and the like
Why not just expand the 9mm line and make lighter higher velocity rounds the whole world uses 9mm it isn't going anywhere.

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
I doubt this bullet will go anywhere and if it does it will be years. There will have to be new guns and the like
Why not just expand the 9mm line and make lighter higher velocity rounds the whole world uses 9mm it isn't going anywhere.

I'd like to see a 9mm Super (9 x 20 maybe) that goes to higher chamber pressures (like the .30 super) and thus higher velocity. Problem is it has to be unable to fit into 9x17, 9x18, or 9x19 chambers. 9x21 is already used in Europe as a 9x19 substitute where civilians are not allowed to have military calibers.

I still think this new .30 Super should have been called 8mm.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Somebody will make a Glock conversion in about 5 minutes

Good. Then I can put it on a PSA Dagger and not have to spend all that much money. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It might get some traction if practice ammo costs the same as 9MM practice ammo and readily available but that is a big if.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
It might get some traction if practice ammo costs the same as 9MM practice ammo and readily available but that is a big if.

It is a big if considering Federal said 30SC should run about the same price as 380ACP.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its rim is 1/64" smaller in diameter than the .30 Carbine round. Its a skinny. No reason why the standard box should contain less than 60 rounds.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post