SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted
Didn't see this one discussed yet. Looks pretty interesting. King Cobra .22 LR

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I am interested.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Still not a screamin' fan of the way that trigger guard looks, I'd like to see what the 6" looks like and how street prices go.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if they would just introduce a nice blued finish again…

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
"The suggested retail price on the new Colt King Cobra Target .22 LR is $999. "

They can suggest all they want..............deal breaker right there............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Interesting. Still not a screamin' fan of the way that trigger guard looks, I'd like to see what the 6" looks like and how street prices go.
I hate the trigger guard so much I’d never buy one. They know how to make the new Python look good.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
The fiber optic sight just looks wrong.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s one up vote.
I don’t like the trigger guard on the King Cobras either, but the trigger pull on the KC in 357 is outstanding. Eager to hear what the trigger pull is like on this.
Can’t find the weight on the Colt website. I know it is a “Target Revolver”, but I hope it weighs a little less than the 4” S&W 617.
Gee, recently enamored of the S&W43c, now this. A lot of change…. Hopefully I won’t be able to find both in stock at the same time.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
The price seems steep but both the S&W 617 and the Ruger GP100 in .22 are about the same price as this. IF the quality is high and the trigger dosn't "stack" this will sell.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have plenty of .22lr revolvers, and nothing's going to pry my S&W pre-18 away from me, but this is a welcome sight.

I just hope it's not too heavy. Are the new KCs similar in frame size to the old Det Specials/PPS or the larger OP/Trooper/Python?

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I have the S&W 617 6" and love it!

I got it a few years ago in the mid $600 range.
I got it because the Diamond Backs had gotten stupid high for years already.

I liked the 10rd cylinder of the 617 for sure over the traditional 6rd.

I wish they had called this new .22 revolver a Diamond Back like the new Pythons, but alas I dont work in their marketing group.

I cant wait to see one on the shelf.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Maybe the trigger guard was designed with using gloves in mind. I'll never buy this pistol, but the trigger guard doesn't bother me one bit.

There are many pistols with what I consider too small trigger guards.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish they had called this new .22 revolver a Diamond Back like the new Pythons, but alas I dont work in their marketing group.

That would've been cool. Here's hoping they didn't chicken out because they were afraid of the comparison to the original.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking forward to this release but haven’t seen any actually available. Anyone have news they can share?

Posts: 14 | Location: TN | Registered: February 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like vaporware to me. Whatever sites that have them "in stock" at the moment are scam sites. Do not proceed.

Q

Posts: 26335 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There is no more Colt. It's just a brand name now.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, there is no more"Colt," however, the new CZ manufactured revolvers under the Colt name are very high quality and appear to be worth their price. I have a Python and a KC, and both shoot well.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
very high quality

That's what one would like to expect from CZ, but it's still good to hear that confirmed.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I should have bought a Diamondback in .22 thirty or forty years ago. I always liked that revolver.

Same as I should have bought Microsoft or Apple stock.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree the trigger guard looks like they bopped it with a hammer, or maybe dropped it...that and the cheesy fiber optic sight are deal breakers for me. (Do we really need a "tactical" BS sight on a .22?) Too at a grand, they're banking on the Colt name to hustle $200-$300 extra.

Here's my Diamondback (mediocre accuracy at best), with what is, IMHO, a far better DA/SA revolver & possibly the best, most usable, ever made: S&W's M-18. Best regards, YMMv, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post