New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I know it's a small pistol but my 25 yard targets were a bit embarrassing. That front sight just seems huge.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

There are definitely better pistols for shooting at 25 yards. The scenario where I’d be shooting at someone that far out with a 365 is way out at the edges of fantasy (for me).

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I know it's a small pistol but my 25 yard targets were a bit embarrassing. That front sight just seems huge.

Shoot with both eyes open.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Sig today. My pistol has shipped and will be here Tuesday.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
during 3rd range trip~500 total rounds, I was pleased to note the 6" falling plate rack (6 fallers) has switched, from '1 or 2 hits per magazine' to '1 or 2 misses per magazine'.

There is a stationary 4" plate at maybe 20 yards, a couple of 8" plates at 30 & 40 yards, and a 10" plate at 50 yards. They too are becoming 'greater than 50% hits' even in loosely
'fast fire' cadence.

Next trip I'll get back on paper & compare with original targets.

When New just out of box, I was getting consistent misses where POA was center X ring while POI was 3" low & 2" left.
Started getting 9 ring hits when I moved my POA to 2 o'clock on the 6 ring.

We'll see. Todate zero fail to function in any ammo tested; 6 different recipes. And the grip remains incredibly comfortable to my hand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got my pistol back. Sheet says...Replaced trigger bar spring and striker. Hoping to get to the range next week to put some more rounds through it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I’m interested to find out if the replacement spring is a different design... or else it’s putting the same issue back.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd throw my question in here; if I'm wrong, I can start my own thread.

For those who own or have shot a Shield 9mm, can you compare and contrast the P365 to the Shield? I like my Shield very much, easily concealable in my Alien Gear holster, but I don't care for the lower round count. Worth the "upgrade?"

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
For those who own or have shot a Shield 9mm, can you compare and contrast the P365 to the Shield? I like my Shield very much, easily concealable in my Alien Gear holster, but I don't care for the lower round count. Worth the "upgrade?"

As someone who has owned and shot both, I'd sum it up as the P365 beats the Shield in every category except price/value and arguably dependability. The Sig conceals better. You can pocket-carry it easily. The Shield is too big for most pockets. The P365 IMHO has a better trigger, has less felt recoil, and is easier to shoot accurately.

You need not look further than this thread to read about complaints about P365s failing. The Shield M1.0's had their problems too, mostly about frames cracking. Ask a certain SF member here about his experience w/ his Shield frame cracking and how little S&W did to amend it. To be clear, I'm not arguing one being more reliable than the other. Just stating that they both have their share of fans and detractors. The Shield of course has been on the market much longer and has many more samples to prove its track record.

I believe a P365 runs about $200 more than a comparable Shield w/ Tritium sights. It's up to you if you think the added capacity is worth the expense.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate for my first post on the forum to be negative, but my new 365 has suffered what appears to be a broken striker after about 400 rounds. I sent it off to Sig about 2 weeks ago and it's currently on its way back via FedEx. It was a very sad day as I absolutely love the gun. I have been very impressed with everything about it except the failure. I work in an office so I really need a small, light carry in a tuckable holster that my partners and employees won't notice day after day. It's one thing to put a subcompact on your hip with an untucked shirt and go to the movies or out to dinner. It's quite another to carry something every day, around the same people and have them never notice anything. One of my partners even noticed the small, upturned plastic clip on my DeSantis soft tuck and asked me what it was. Luckily he's not one to be upset about it. My first carry was a p290. After that an xds 9, but I kept the p290 for pocket carry in jeans. Next was a PPS m2. To get smaller I got a g43, but I just never got to where I liked shooting it. All of those are good guns, but the 365 is smaller, lighter, shoots better, has a better trigger, and higher capacity than any of them.

I so want this gun to be dependable. I already have 1000 rounds waiting to run through it once I get it back so that I can feel comfortable carrying it again.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
I hate for my first post on the forum to be negative, but my new 365 has suffered what appears to be a broken striker after about 400 rounds. I sent it off to Sig about 2 weeks ago and it's currently on its way back via FedEx. It was a very sad day as I absolutely love the gun. I have been very impressed with everything about it except the failure. I work in an office so I really need a small, light carry in a tuckable holster that my partners and employees won't notice day after day. It's one thing to put a subcompact on your hip with an untucked shirt and go to the movies or out to dinner. It's quite another to carry something every day, around the same people and have them never notice anything. One of my partners even noticed the small, upturned plastic clip on my DeSantis soft tuck and asked me what it was. Luckily he's not one to be upset about it. My first carry was a p290. After that an xds 9, but I kept the p290 for pocket carry in jeans. Next was a PPS m2. To get smaller I got a g43, but I just never got to where I liked shooting it. All of those are good guns, but the 365 is smaller, lighter, shoots better, has a better trigger, and higher capacity than any of them.

I so want this gun to be dependable. I already have 1000 rounds waiting to run through it once I get it back so that I can feel comfortable carrying it again.

what's the build date ? and I wouldn't worry sig will make it right.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Please let us know how your P365 performs after you get it back from Sig.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 3 day old P365 is going to back to sig also. I shot 224 flawless rounds but there is something jagged sucking in the magwell where the trigger spring is. You can feel movement when you put your finger on it and pull trigger. I noticed it because it was scratching the mags. Still works. I have pics but don’t know how to post them here. I’ve got another thread at arf with the pics also.

Gun shot great, feels great in the hand. Besides this issue I will probably get rid of it when it comes back because of the angle of the handle when carrying iwb. It just stick out flatter even with a cant, my g43 handle goes at angle and conceals better.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
I’m interested to find out if the replacement spring is a different design... or else it’s putting the same issue back.

Sheet didn't say if it was a different model spring or the same as the old one. Or what was wrong with the spring.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boolzi: I shot 224 flawless rounds but there is something jagged sucking in the magwell where the trigger spring is.

That's the tip of the spring in question. At this point, I don't think we know if the long ones get pushed out by the mag or the short ones come out from recoil.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Boolzi: I shot 224 flawless rounds but there is something jagged sucking in the magwell where the trigger spring is.

That's the tip of the spring in question. At this point, I don't think we know if the long ones get pushed out by the mag or the short ones come out from recoil.

That’s what sig said this morning. Said they made the end, or leg longer to make sure they don’t pop out.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boolzi:

That’s what sig said this morning. Said they made the end, or leg longer to make sure they don’t pop out.

Then the owners with mag gouges shouldn't have a dead trigger. Is that the case?

Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Boolzi:

Then the owners with mag gouges shouldn't have a dead trigger. Is that the case?

That’s what was thought at one point. But, from the changes SIG has made to the grip module on revised and new 365s, it seems that the trigger spring was coming loose on the other end.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:

what's the build date ? and I wouldn't worry sig will make it right.

I know it's a gen2 and the build date was in May. I actually have great faith that sig will make it right, I just hope this trip fixes it for good. I'll need to put quite a few rounds through it to put it back into the carry rotation.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I actually took the TR spring out and polished the hook end where it protrudes int the magwell... hope it doesn’t pop off the notch.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post