SIGforum
A little help, please. Gun oil brand question.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8720033225

September 26, 2026, 10:20 AM
YooperSigs
A little help, please. Gun oil brand question.
Awhile back there was discussion about various types of gun oils. One brand used two separate oils combined in one bottle and you had to shake the container to mix everything before you applied. I tried it out and liked it. But I cant find the bottle now and cant recall the brand name. Smaller company with a black bottle. Does anyone know what oil I am referring to? Thanks in advance!


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 26, 2026, 11:35 AM
D_Steve
Hurleys Gold


_____________________

September 26, 2026, 12:15 PM
SIGfourme
I believe the company is out of business.
September 26, 2026, 04:24 PM
YooperSigs
Yep.... It was Hurleys Gold. And it does appear they are out of business.
Thanks, guys.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 26, 2026, 06:20 PM
egregore
Was (the operative word) this oil that great? Having to mix component parts together increases the possibility that they will separate back out.
September 26, 2026, 10:49 PM
YooperSigs
It was problem free. No separation of the types of oil was noted. It was available in needle oilers that had very tiny balls that aided in mixing the oils. It worked well on knives, too.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 27, 2026, 04:34 AM
sourdough44
If interested there are recipes on the web to at least try to replicate ‘Hurley’s Gold’. It shows it as a mix of synthetic oil and synthetic grease. I have mixed my own concoction from a web recipe, included light weight synthetic motor oil then some tranny fluid, may of been one other ingredient.

I think with the grease one has to mix it at times before use. Just an idea.

https://www.thegearbunker.com/...e-gun-oil-lubricant/
September 27, 2026, 08:10 AM
andronicus
Probably not helpful, but I can recommend the Lucas brand as a replacement
September 27, 2026, 08:24 AM
jehzsa
Mil-Comm TW25B?


***************************
Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
September 27, 2026, 01:24 PM
4MUL8R
Re a synthetic oil and a synthetic grease, as the "formula", we can all recognize that such formulations are attempts to create a desired viscosity.

All greases have a base oil present, along with a thickener and various performance additives.

So, adding more oil and stirring merely changes the proportion of the thickener and additives per unit volume.

I use a "Black Pearl EP" grease with a quantity of 600 neutral base oil mixed properly in the grease with a high speed industrial blending propeller as my pistol lubricant. It stays together, lasts forever, and of course, stains your shirt when you forget to wipe off the excess and go out to train.

https://www.chevronlubricants....l-grease-ep-1-2.html


-------
Trying to simplify my life...