SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 INOX question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 INOX question Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Did any US manufactured INOX come with silver controls??
Thought all Italian made had silver controls and all US made had black controls.

Am I incorrect?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My two 92FS Inox models are recent Italian makes and have black controls.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Did an internet search for "Beretta 92 Ghost" as that's what some took to calling the inox with silver controls, and there are some pictures out there of USA-made ones.

Solely based on some quick internet forum and image searches, it looks like think a lot (if not most?) of the Inox had the normal black controls. it appears that most of the Ghost ones people post pictures about were Italian, though. And who knows, maybe the Ghost US versions had parts swapped out on them.

The old Inox ones I had both had black controls, and one was US, one was Italian.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Thought all Italian made had silver controls and all US made had black controls.

Am I incorrect?

It all depends on the year of manufacture. Older ones, both Italian and US had silver controls, newer ones have black controls.

Seems like the Italian ones held onto silver controls longer than the US ones, but if I remember correctly, it was early to mid 2000's that the changes started happening.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Am I incorrect?

It all depends on the year of manufacture. Older ones, both Italian and US had silver controls, newer ones have black controls.

Seems like the Italian ones held onto silver controls longer than the US ones, but if I remember correctly, it was early to mid 2000's that the changes started happening.

This. I believe both had stainless controls until they started making changes in the mid-2000s. Iirc, the inoxs got the black controls right around the same time that they implemented the plastic guide rods.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I had for a brief time a 1998 Inox that was made in the US and it had a BER-serial number. It had stainless controls and black mags with black plastic baseplates. I sold it like and idiot and tried to find a late 90’s one in the same condition before they switched to black controls. Well in my quest to find a US made one like the one I sold, I found a pristine 1994 Italian version Inox with Inox mags and silver colored baseplates and LxxxxxZ serial.

I also noted from my research and from ownership experience the Italian ones seem to match frame and slide color though the US late 90’s versions have a slightly different tone more of a matte on the frame and it contrasts very slightly to the slide. I actually like the US look as much as the Italian and would still get another if I could fine one locally.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
My US Inox (1998) is all stainless, no black parts.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
...mid 2000s...

Hm...with my INOX...its date of manufacture is approximately 2010 according to Beretta's S/N search routine. Purchased NIB about that time. A recent arrival to the LGS from Beretta. Italian.

And it came complete with silver controls.

I also remember seeing a later all-silver INOX arrive sometime after that year's holiday season at the same LGS. Would've made it 2011, because the price went up because that's what Beretta often does with a gun's cost to dealers each new year. So apparently they were still doing the all-silver builds into this decade.

Beretta's gun data search by S/N

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I would defer to an expert like PGT, but I think the all-silver Italian versions were available late into the 2000s.

My 2008 US Inox was black controls, but I found a couple silver Italian variants - after I'd already plunked down my money of course - that were on the market at that time.

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
No. I have a Maryland made one with silver controls

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have an all silver US one. Can get a pic tonight if wanted

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I have an all silver US one. Can get a pic tonight if wanted

Appreciated but not needed.
I had bad info. An Italian made INOX is on the short list and a fully silver model is sitting at the local shop.
It is a US made one and was surprised as I was under the wrong impression and had never seen a US made one with silver controls.
Thought maybe they had been redone but likely not with the info from you all.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post