SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me out of Sig 1911 in .357 Sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me out of Sig 1911 in .357 Sig Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Like my Nightmare. Don't think it does anything that any of my others can't, but I got it cheap. So... YMMV.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Sig 1911 in 357Sig you say. Buy it now or let the forum know where it is so someone who knows what to do can buy it to enjoy it.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I for one think you should not buy one. This only applies if they don't have two.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I'm late the party I know.

I own one and I' make you a deal. Buy it and if you don't like it I'll buy it.

Try to have someone video your first mag out of the gun. You'll be grinning like a fool.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
the 38 super is a better option. It is the right length cartridge for a 1911 frame, has very similar performance and allows conversion to 9mm with just a barrel and a magazine.

It is also a classic, having been introduced in 1911's in the 1920's. If you are a reloader, the .38 super comp (rimless 38 super) will feed a little better since it isnt semi rimmed.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Alright, so the local fun store has a Sig 1911 Nightmare Fastback Carry (who the hell comes up with these names?) in .357 Sig. I really have no practical need for it, it really doesn't fill any gaps in the carry rotation or does anything that I don't already have something else for, but yet I'm somehow drawn to it.

I already have a couple of commander sized alloy framed 1911's in .45ACP hat are lighter and more suitably for carry. I've got a gov't sized 1911 in 10mm that packs more punch that the .357 Sig. But yet, I'm still digging the idea of getting a .357 Sig to play with and I like 1911's...

So what say the all knowing oracle of knowledge that is SigForum?

I always love it when someone asks this bunch of enablers to talk them out of buying a gun. I swear it is code for “I’ve got this thing three quarters bought in my mind. Help me out with the last 25%.”

I must say I got a kick out of the folks saying “No, get 38 Super instead.”, when what they surely mean is “Grab this one now, then look for one in .38 Super so you can compare and contrast.”

Enjoy the pistol!

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If only SIG made more options available in their .38 Super lineup of 1911s! SIG really seems focused on the .45s, which I'm sure makes market sense, but it took them a few years to make a couple of options available in 357SIG and, well, how many people really want a bright, shiny .38 Super with target sights?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Have you bought it yet?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is a 357 Sig in a single stack 1911 platform 99 44/100% reliable?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think it more reliable (marginally)....given the extra room for the pointy bullets to find their way into a chamber with a little more room around them

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will confess to not reading all the comments but since almost all 1911 9mm's have a feed ramp I AM NOT GOING TO WORRY ABOUT FEEDING. That said with the gains in 9mm cartridges, cost, ease of reloading, and recoil I would skip both .357 and .38 Super and stick to 9mm.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been some time now since you first posted. I hope you got it! The Sig Fastback Nighrmare is a tremendous platform 1911. For Christmas I got a Carry (commander) 45. If you got it in the flavor of your choice, congratulations; if not, you will regret it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Unless you are going to reload, I would not purchase anything in 357 SIG. It's a dead caliber, and ATK announced that they are cursing production in 2019 by something like 75 percent.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Many agencies around here have dropped it in favor of the 9mm. Only large agency I know that still uses it is the FAMS.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Let's see: An irredeemable alcoholic walks into a bar and begs the bartender to keep him from drinking.

Sound familiar?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Let me be in the minority and say no. I really like 1911's also. If it were me, I would get 38 super instead of the .357 Sig.

I don't have a need for either caliber and .38 super IS the traditional round for a 1911 aside from .45 acp. BUT, if buying I'd steer towards the .357 sig simply because there is a heck of a lot more selection in self defense ammo.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post