SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Older Model Beretta Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older Model Beretta Question Login/Join 
posted
I've been looking at purchasing an older 92FS Centurion. I located one, but when I run the serial # in the Beretta website it says it's a "92F 9mm Tactical Cent" It doesnt say it's and FS. The slide on the pistol in question depicts a 92FS. Did they even make a 92 F in a Centurion is my question? Could the Beretta site be wrong? Could the slide have been swapped? I now have more questions than answers unfortunately. The Model # on the site says "SPEC0277A" with a manufacture date of 1998. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Beretta tech data has always been accurate but a tactical 92 centurion doesn’t ring true. I’d give them a call when you time permits to verify your findings.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck in your search.

I picked up a "vintage" Berette 92FS Centurion (from 1994) locally 2-3 years ago. I subsequently replaced the trigger (Langdon Trigger job in bag), mag release, grips, recoil spring rod, sights, and had it refinished by CCR.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post