SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Quite a testimony about the awesome SIG P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quite a testimony about the awesome SIG P226 Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Recently saw this video and in the last part Mark Coch discusses the SIG P226 which he has put a really lot of rounds through and has high praises for it. Good watch for us P226 fans. Smile I have a few quality 9MM pistols including SIG, Walther, HK, Glock, and CZ but the P226 is still my top favorite.

:

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I have 2 non-railed LEO Trade in P226's in .40 that are currently in transit to my FFL. I can't wait to get my hands on them, probably early next week. I only have 1 other 226, a .40 that has a rail. Great shooter!

I keep checking the tracking number to see if they've been delivered! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nice 1967Goat. Smile I have 2 9MM P226s with no rail, one German made and the other Exeter made. Love them both.

I shoot this one the most. Bought a few years back as a CPO that looked as new for $500.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
grumpy1, what grips are those?

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a like new conversion kit (40) to slap on my Mk25 or Legion. Hard not to respect these guns.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Those are factory Aluminum grips that SIG used for a short time, before they went with the Hogue made Aluminum ones. No one knows who made them for SIG. There are no indications of manufacturer's name on the inside surfaces. Just the model name.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like the P226 as well.

I have one in every caliber.

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I can shoot mine in 22LR also which is also a great way to practice DA and DA/SA transition.

I wonder if any more 22 conversion kits will ever be made as they have been unavailable for a few years now.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Those are factory Aluminum grips that SIG used for a short time, before they went with the Hogue made Aluminum ones. No one knows who made them for SIG. There are no indications of manufacturer's name on the inside surfaces. Just the model name.

Yep. I got them on closeout for $60 I believe. They are in pretty high demand these days. I wish I would have gotten a pair for my P229 also.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Yep. I got them on closeout for $60 I believe. They are in pretty high demand these days. I wish I would have gotten a pair for my P229 also.

Highly sought after, thus highly priced. Love their profile, which is slightly different from the Hogue ones.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Another “No damned rails!” fan here. And indeed, my 9mm P226 X5 Comp is free of ‘em. Robert Burke action job, Hogue G10 black-gray checkered grips – it’s a clean machine.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8980 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I too am a P226 fan.... one of the things I really like about these as well as the other Sig P's is how simple they are to break down... does not take a 'special handhold' or such.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, grump1, for posting the video. It's a great overview of the different pistols and one expert's thoughts on them.

Posts: 39 | Location: Center of U.S.A. | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I think this was the second Sig I purchased years ago. KA P226 with box and papers. Grips are Hogue extreme. The first one was a P6. I like the DA/SA system and I like the sights. I have bought quite a few since this one , but it's still a favorite.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2774 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, grumpy1! The P226 is my all time favorite pistol. Actually, the Browning Hi Power, Beretta M9 and Colt 1911 are all in my top five. got2hav1, I don't think those are Hogue Extreme grips, but the original German grips from that era.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
Thanks for posting, grumpy1! The P226 is my all time favorite pistol. Actually, the Browning Hi Power, Beretta M9 and Colt 1911 are all in my top five. got2hav1, I don't think those are Hogue Extreme grips, but the original German grips from that era.

I'll have to look , I thought I had changed grips on that one. It's been a while since I had it out.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Those are factory original plastic grips for that era.

Q

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:

Nice, you have all the pistols Coch was talking about Smile . I loved his comment about the P226 "I would go to war with it right now". I get tired of reading about those who call DA/SA pistols like the P226 old and outdated Roll Eyes .

posted Hide Post
^^^ Agree. IMO, I consider folks who consider DA/SA as "old and outdated" to be "old and outdated". Roll Eyes

There is a very specific technique to properly using the DA/SA. I had two guys in one of our NRA classes, newbies. They had a P226 and a B92 DA/SA. Both were very good learners with superb groups - SA. They said they hated the DA part. Gave both about 20 minutes of additional instruction on the proper method of utilizing any DA/SA pistol. They were then getting the same groups with DA/SA as they were with SA only.

As for myself, I consider the DA/SA an asset not a liability. The P226 and P229 are rugged duty pistols that have proven themselves in combat and gunfights. Seals, Border Patrol, etc. They are absolutely tough, rock solid pistols you can depend on. I have P226, P229 and P239 in .40. Bought the P229 in 1996, has over 47,000 rounds through it. The P226 probably has around 25-30,000 rounds. They simply work.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Those are factory original plastic grips for that era.

Just checked to make sure, you guys are correct those are the factory grips. I put G10s on my 229.