SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who around here still carries the P30?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who around here still carries the P30? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P30LS mostly for travel carry and bag carry to medical appointments

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
With the advent of the flush fit 17rd factory mags, I would guess a lot of them will come out of retirement.

When did these come out and where do I get them??

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i'm still on the hunt for a good P30L again. I miss that gun way more than I should admit.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
With the advent of the flush fit 17rd factory mags, I would guess a lot of them will come out of retirement.

When did these come out and where do I get them??

Mags not available yet. The new VP9 Optics model with 17rd mags just appeared last week.

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just replaced a P30sk LEM that I stupidly sold some time ago. It’s about to have the HK CDA 4.1 kit put in and Grayguns reduced reset kit. Should be quite the shooter.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. P30SK LEM V1

And a P30 LEM V1 as a suppressor host

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rotate 4 H&K's for 90% of my EDC. P30S .40, P30sk 9mm, P2000 .40, and P2000sk .40. I should note that the P30S was not supposed to have a safety as I am not fond of safeties on my EDC's and especially see no need on a DA/SA gun. But the gun store received it and the Distributor had a no return policy (strange) and since we are friends and .40's and H&K's not the most popular I took the gun anyway. BTW two are DA/SA and two are LEM.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am resurrecting this 2 year old thread because I just came home with a V1 P30. Played with all the panels and settled on what I think is correct. Once I go shooting we shall reassess.

I really like how the pin for the panels is not tied to mainspring retention. I always hate driving pins that then decompress the mainspring. This system is easy. I might change the panels 10 more times it's so easy.

It is very obviously similar to my P2000. I need to look this up but I assume based on feel that V1 is the LIGHT LEM?

Posts: 7485 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
V1 is Light LEM. V3 is DA/SA. You can get V3 with or w/o manual safety.

Judging from HK's website, all the other trigger variants are either discontinued or no longer offered to civilian market.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the H&K P30L that is my bedroom and travel pistol. I bought it with the long heavy trigger before I knew better. The sales person did not advise me properly. Oh well, one lives and learn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am resurrecting this 2 year old thread because I just came home with a V1 P30.

I finally bought a V1 myself after years of struggling with the V3. This time around I put aside my regular aversion to movie tie-ins and bought the long slide P30, pencil wielding Mr. Wick be damned. A decade plus ago I couldn't choose between the two, then during the course of indecision I read about the break-in period issues with the P30L so I up and went with the 4" V3 as a result, for lack of any other reason to. Kinda silly and dumb, but I never said I was particularly smart especially when it comes to my decision-making.

For the P30L I pretty much copied its interchangeable grip panel setup to how I have the V3 and my VP9s (standard and longslide here as well) configured. Boring but it's the most ergonomic for me. Bought a batch of Winchester 124gr 9mm NATO for break-in, which should quicken the working in of the gun nicely. Or so I hope.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
I have a P2000sk V3 in 40 S&W
It does what it should do

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P2000s & P2000SKs and they still fit my hand like a glove. I have 4 HK P30/VP9 15rd mags new in the wrapper as I intended to by a P30 but never did. I don’t really want to spend the money to get the 17rd expansion kits and I really don’t need a VP9 or P30 thought the ergonomics fit my hand very well. I wanted a P30L when I bought the mags before the VP9 was ever released.

I should also add, that I had an HK45 Tactical that I sold off because it felt huge in my hands and I didn’t like it.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
P30skv1

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
My nephew carries a V3 P30sk in 9mm. I fixed the magazine release size issue, mentioned by the OP, in my V3 P2000 9mm with a P30 release.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still shoot my P30L. I don’t carry it much, but it does do a rotation in my console vault in the truck from time to time.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I carry a P30sk v1 and play with a P30 V1 that I’ve changed some springs on. Both are amazing, but not quite as easy to hit with as my VP9. However, I really like the ability to control the hammer when holstering.

I honestly think the VP is more natural at this point due to the 800 rounds I put through it in an OPSPEC training class several years ago.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting to take delivery of a P30 right now. I will carry it. Gun is alot like John Corrieas.

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love me some P2000. I put the larger mag paddle in mine and trijicon HD's on it and it is a shooter. The P30 just reminds me of a more full size P2000. The slide cuts on the top of the slide even look identical. Similar slide stops as well. The panels always looked odd to me in a spiderman kind of way but in person they work very well. I noticed the P30 has the USP recoil buffer while the P2000 does not. Cool gun.

Edited: Totally wrong on the buffer, it does have it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7485 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I need the maximum concealment I carry my SIG P365. An HK P30SK is still what I grab most often if I don’t need the smaller footprint and bulk of the P365.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post