SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replace My G34 With... A Staccato R? Update: It's Done!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replace My G34 With... A Staccato R? Update: It's Done! Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the clarification. In actually it's more in line with what I originally envisioned then. I didn't think that frame looked Polymer!

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

It's an interesting thing they've done: Putting the weight where it's needed to tame recoil and using a polymer grip module to reduce overall weight and allow for an integral mag funnel.

Only time will tell, but I think I'm really going to like this pistol Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Range Report (kind of)

Don't have any paper targets because we got so busy at my buddy's cabin up north I only had about an hour or so before I wanted to leave so as not to get in horrendous return traffic. So all I shot at was steel plates at 7, 10, 14, and 25 yards.

252 rounds consisting of a mix of Blazer Brass, Winchester White Box, and Federal Champion 115 gr. FMJ, and Fiocchi 124 gr. FMJ. Out of all those I had one failure: The third-from-the-last magazine refused to strip the first or second rounds. (There were three shooters.)

That magazine had been loaded my by buddy. None of the top 5-6 rounds wanted to strip. I unloaded the entire mag, reloaded it, and it ran fine. I hypothesize the stock mags are very sensitive to the way they're loaded.

I was using a Maglula UpLula loader designed for double-stack magazines.

I had cleaned the mags, beforehand, and each of them had been "pre-conditioned" by being fully-loaded-up for up to a week. I started-out with each mag loaded to only eight rounds. Did that twice for each mag. Then went to nine rounds. Then to ten.

My best friend, after about his third mag, walked back to the table with a big grin on his face. By the end of the session he was "I gotta have one of these!" (I think he's probably out-of-luck. They're scarce as hen's teeth now.)

I love this pistol Smile It's everything I wanted in a 9mm "range toy" (and possible action pistol competition gun).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post