SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I entered the Single Action rabbit hole today with a beater Uberti. And, I love it.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I entered the Single Action rabbit hole today with a beater Uberti. And, I love it. Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

BC = 1993
There is no BG code.
I love the older stuff.

Much appreciated, SC!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post

The sickness continued, this week.
50th anniversary Ruger Single Six with both .22LR and .22 Mag. cylinders. Shot very little (maybe not at all) in its 20 years.
LGS had it underpriced. I immediately took it to the range and ran both LRs and Magnums through it.

I really, really like single actions.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Damn, $250? That’s a steal.

this,

probably shoots and groups well with 38 wadcutters as well,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Rabbit hole is right. I've had a Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt for years, although not shot it a lot. I'd had occasional fantasies about getting a real SAA, but the price seemed too high to justify. Then I was handed (by a Good Friend) an opportunity to pick up a like-new 5 1/2" SAA, also in .45 Colt, from an estate sale for $700.

Now of course there's the law that says when you get a SA revolver you're required to buy a lever action rifle in the same caliber to go with it, so I started looking into that, eventually finding a like-new Uberti 1873 copy. While I was researching lever guns, I developed a yen for a .45-70. Why, I don't know. I haven't hunted in decades. So now I own not only a SAA and an 1873 in .45 Colt, but also a gently used Win/Miroku 1886 in .45-70.

Can I stop now?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

Can I stop now?

Negative, ghost rider.
I know this is headed to me owning a Colt, and I’d be over the moon with your SAA at $700. I would shoot that thing every week.
You’re missing a 3.5” model with a birdshead grip, dontcha’ know. Big Grin

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup on that Uberti, and yes, that's a gateway drug for sure!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
GCE-
The two on the left of that photo are doing the trick for me. Keep posting.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
GCE-
The two on the left of that photo are doing the trick for me. Keep posting.

The little Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper has stag grips

The 4 3/4" Colt SAA is a 3rd generation in .45 Colt.

ETA:
Back in 2015 I buggered up the front sight and sent it to Colts Custom Shop for repair.
I asked that they regulate to hit POA/POI with my warm handloads, they did a great job!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uberti/Cimmaron 45 and 45 acp. 32-20 and 32 HR Mag
IMG_0849 by Tom C, on Flickr
Safe Queens

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Safe Queen
IMG_0850 by Tom C, on Flickr

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shooter with poor fitting grips I bought from Melvin Tyler. Thought they looked and felt good.
IMG_0848 by Tom C, on Flickr

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy. I’ve got some catching up to do.
You all have some great single actions.
I’m eyeing a Colt Frontier Scout commemorative model from the ‘60s and a certain Ruger birdshead model in .32 H&R Mag. or my preferred .327 Fed. Mag.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
It only gets worse from here!!!
I was eyeing a little Colt 22 saa from the 1960s while hunting my Victory.

I came really close…

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39751 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'll need to get a shot of all mine, but here's a 4 digit Colt and my 3rd gen to tide you over.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 39751 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
my 3rd gen to tide you over.

Put a set of rosewood or cocobolo grips on that, and you’d have my forever BBQ gun. True story.

posted Hide Post
I do love my Single Actions as well.

P220 Elite Full Size .45

Posts: 31 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
my 3rd gen to tide you over.

Put a set of rosewood or cocobolo grips on that, and you’d have my forever BBQ gun. True story.

Like this?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Cimmaron SAA in .45 Colt. It's the most fun to shoot gun I own. I feel like a kid playing cowboys and Indians every time I hold it.
Unfortunately, the high cost of that .45 Colt ammo keeps it from being shot very often.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I have a Cimmaron SAA in .45 Colt. It's the most fun to shoot gun I own. I feel like a kid playing cowboys and Indians every time I hold it.
Unfortunately, the high cost of that .45 Colt ammo keeps it from being shot very often.

Get you a single stage press and reload!
I reload my cowboy stuff on a single stage.
Takes no time to make 50 rounds.