SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I entered the Single Action rabbit hole today with a beater Uberti. And, I love it.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I entered the Single Action rabbit hole today with a beater Uberti. And, I love it. Login/Join 
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted
Been wanting to go down the single action rabbit hole for a couple years now. I could not resist this Uberti Regulator in .357 Mag. that was at my LGS today.

Especially at the $250 asking price.

The finish shows wear, she’s been shot quite a bit over the years (it appears to be a 1993 model, according to the serial number) … but I just love the character that comes with all that. The cylinder has some play in it. I may buy some rebuild parts and springs and have at it.

Hope to shoot it this weekend. I know this leads to a Colt, and I am good with that.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find!

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Indeed a great find. I would have snagged it at that price too, hell I'd have paid $300 considering it came with a holster.

I have a similar one with birdshead grips and dang that thing is a fun gun to shoot.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Colt gateway drug.
Good luck resisting.

Nice SSA.

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Damn, $250? That’s a steal.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Killer deal! And yeah, you're screwed...single actions multiply, and also lead to lever-action PCCs. Eek

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That’s a beautiful pistol! No plastic on that baby!

Re: “The finish shows wear”. Beauty marks, I say. Patina.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8832 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Been wanting to go down the single action rabbit hole for a couple years now. I could not resist this Uberti Regulator in .357 Mag. that was at my LGS today.

Especially at the $250 asking price.

The finish shows wear, she’s been shot quite a bit over the years (it appears to be a 1993 model, according to the serial number) … but I just love the character that comes with all that. The cylinder has some play in it. I may buy some rebuild parts and springs and have at it.

Hope to shoot it this weekend. I know this leads to a Colt, and I am good with that.

Fantastic deal, you did well.

The Uberti is a great revovler. I have a 3 1/2" El Patron in 357 Mag sitting right next to my desk as I type. I was going to take it shooting last Tuesday, but I could not find where I had put my 357 Magnum ammunition since the move (I HATE moving)

One thing that you may not realize is that the 357 Magnum versions are noticeably heavier than their 45 LC brethern. After all the cylinder and barrel have much smaller holes drilled through them.

The older Ubertis (MINE IS 9) were nice 4 click actions. While I have not handled one, I am told that the newer design with the floating firing pin and transfer bar are 3 click actions. Being a Colt SAA guy, I do not think that I would like the new ones (2019+)

If you are curious about the age of yours. There is a date code just above the serial number. I will get my chart out of the files if you want to know

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Uberti still makes 4 click actions for Cimarron at least. I've got an Evil Roy in 357 that is really, really sweet.

I've got a Cimarron built by Pietta in .45 Colt that started a bit rough but quickly wore in to a really nice shooting gun. It was always accurate, but that action smoothed up nice. Trigger is still a touch heavy, but not enough that I feel like messing with it.

Fun guns to shoot.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first real gun: Brass framed Hawes Western Marshall in 45LC. Made by the forerunner of Sig Sauer. Been addicted ever since. My current Single Actions are Ruger Convertibles in .357/9mm and 45LC/45ACP. 4 guns in 2 guns! I would have broke my arm getting out my credit card for your Uberti at that price.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fun toy, especially for 250 bucks.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That was a steal!
I love my cowboy guns!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

Hey your trigger frame front screw is backing out!

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
colt_saa, I may take you up on the serial number dating chart. I found one in an old SASS thread … but who knows if it is accurate. I love your single action that is pictured.

A single action may take over my BBQ gun duties, currently being done with a Colt 1911 in blue.

This LGS has a great selection of Colts, as well as the replicas, and is an easy stop on my way to/from work. I may be in trouble.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Yes, an SAA or clone is a heck of a lot of fun to own and shoot. Just nothing else like them. As colt_saa noted, .357's are a little heavier, and as a result, tend to be extremely light recoiling with most loads. Shooting .38's out of a heavy stainless Ruger New Vaquero is an absolute giggle. Just a little pop and the thing rolls back a bit in the hand. You'll enjoy shooting that Uberti. I still intend to pick one up some day.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Italian clones definitely was the gateway to my Colts!

I would have shoved the money to the man so fast, it would be smoking!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34068 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Hey your trigger frame front screw is backing out!

Good catch . . . Thank You

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Man … I’ve got SC, Marzy, and colt_saa all in my thread. The Sig Forum single action triumvirate is now complete.

colt_saa: The serial number begins with either BC or BG. My eyes struggle seeing the number clearly without some magnification. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I have a pair of blue/case hardened 4-5/8 guns in .45 Colt, that are indeed nice shooters. I started out on Ruger Vaqueros though, so no Colts for me as the price of entry is just too high. My best is a Schofield replica.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2728 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Man … I’ve got SC, Marzy, and colt_saa all in my thread. The Sig Forum single action triumvirate is now complete.

colt_saa: The serial number begins with either BC or BG. My eyes struggle seeing the number clearly without some magnification. Thanks.

BC = 1993
There is no BG code.
I love the older stuff.