SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion 10MM Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion 10MM Range Report Login/Join 
posted
Love this thing. Have to admit that i have done most of my 10mm shooting thru a DW Razorback and G20, although i briefly owned a 220 10mm whan they first came out but traded it.
Finally picked up my legion 220. Put the following thru it:
-Winchester 175 grain Silvertips-1 box;
-Sig 180 Grain V Crown 1 box;
-100 rounds of sig 180 Grain FMJ taregt ammo;
-200 rounds Remington 180 grain UMC FMJ;
-100 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 180 grain FMJ;

Cleaned and lubed it once before 1st range trip. Nothing before second one. All ammo performed falwlessly, very accurate and very comfortable to shoot.
Yes its a big heavy package but its beautifully balanced and for shooting 10mm i think its perfect weight and size. Hitting 12" steel at 100 yards was not difficult. The trigger in single action was fantastic, double is very manageable.
If you like 10MM and can swing the $1500 price tag its worth every penny.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot it better than the G20?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear that version is good to go as well! I love my stainless P220 10mm as well. It's been 100% reliable, very accurate - basically it always does its job as long as I do. I take it along on all of my hunting/woods excursions. I had a Glock 20 and a 40 just for the woods but find I shoot the P220 better.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the acquisition. I own a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm and find it to be quite an experience to shoot. Mine tosses brass about 30 feet! Have only shot SIG ammo through it and it has run flawlessly. Only issue I have had is the rear sight coming loose, a common problem on these pistols w/adjustable rear sight. I bought a chest holster from Diamond D in Alaska and used it while deer hunting last year!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DC,
I am a big glock fan, but yes the 220 i shoot way more accurately. The single action trigger and hair reset make this thing a tack driver. I will also say that while I routinely go to a range session with 400+/- rounds of 9mm, when shooting 10mm, I kind of max out at 100, or 200 at most. With the 220 there is so much less fatigue shooting the 10mm as with a G20. It's just really solid.
I really think highly of this package and am glad Sig and others are putting the 10mm back on the map

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
Is the 220 Legion 10mm an all steel gun.(steel frame)

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear the P-220 Legion works well for you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaspipes:
Is the 220 Legion 10mm an all steel gun.(steel frame)

Pretty sure all P220 10mm's are all steel.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 220 10mm Legion is all steel.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness. Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post