SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How are the glock gen 5 .40's holding up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are the glock gen 5 .40's holding up? Login/Join 
posted
Shopping for a glock 23, gen 5, MOS.

How is the gen 5, 2 pin holding up to the .40sw?

Figure the gen 5 22's were being used by LE agencies. Should be some input by now?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
most are switching back to 9mm.

Some South American agency has been using the gen5 22 for awhile now and nothing bad has been reported as far as I have seen.

The gen5 .40 guns have thicker slides so I guess the 2 pin design is fine.

I had a gen5 23 for less than a week. Never fired it. My 32 barrel didn't fit exact so I got rid of it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Figure the gen 5 22's were being used by LE agencies.

Probably not as many as you'd think. Every agency I know of that has upgraded to Gen 5s has either stuck with 9mm as before, or made the switch from .40 to 9mm.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
It’s weird how the Gen5 .40 cal Glocks have slides like the 45 GAP guns. Holster problems, etc…

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only have about 250 rounds through mine, but it's holding up just fine. No malfunctions. No broken pins or parts. Trigger is very good as Glock triggers go. When firing, the ".40 torque" is gone, recoil is greatly reduced from previous Gens, and holsters are starting to come online.

I'm not a big .40 guy, but I have ammo in that caliber, so it was a good option for me.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I only have about 250 rounds through mine, but it's holding up just fine. No malfunctions. No broken pins or parts. Trigger is very good as Glock triggers go. When firing, the ".40 torque" is gone, recoil is greatly reduced from previous Gens, and holsters are starting to come online.

I'm not a big .40 guy, but I have ammo in that caliber, so it was a good option for me.

Worst case is getting an offset 9mm conversion barrel and some 9mm mags.

"I need a bigger safe...."

Posts: 18 | Location: Seattle | Registered: May 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post