SIGforum
1st time shooting my p365

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8520054074

May 21, 2020, 08:15 PM
Rlharwood
1st time shooting my p365
I finally got to a range today and shot my p365 for the first time. I found it difficult to grip it and keep it stable when I was attempting to set up the sights with my target. I'm going to have to grip this small pistol different than my bigger semiautomatic pistols.
May 21, 2020, 08:23 PM
parabellum
You might also try some traction grip tape. This helps me immensely when shooting my Glock G42.
May 21, 2020, 09:04 PM
warbird1
Tuff1 grip sleeves work great. Have one on mine and I have fairly long fingers.

If I want it... I need it !
May 21, 2020, 10:57 PM
radinski
I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on mine. I found that the backstrap was irritating the middle of my palm to the point of hurting. The grip sleeve fixed that and also makes for a more comfortable hold overall.
May 21, 2020, 11:18 PM
dry-fly
Talon Grips are great as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
May 22, 2020, 06:05 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by radinski:
I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on mine. I found that the backstrap was irritating the middle of my palm to the point of hurting. The grip sleeve fixed that and also makes for a more comfortable hold overall.

My experience as well. I'm a big fan of the Hogue Handall for the P365.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...sig-sauer-grips/p365
May 22, 2020, 12:57 PM
Ian Douglas
quote:

I noticed a sharp edge at the bottom of the backstrap where it meets the sides that I am going to carefully Dremel smooth.

Best,
Ian

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." - Ian Fleming
May 22, 2020, 01:17 PM
pulicords
I've been using rubber Talon grip applications on my P365 for over a year, as well as on other pistols. For me, they've worked fine. Others complain they don't last, but I think their longevity depends upon how well they are initially applied. If you follow the directions (as I've done), I think you'll really like these.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
May 22, 2020, 04:59 PM
JMag
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

My experience as well. I'm a big fan of the Hogue Handall for the P365.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...sig-sauer-grips/p365

Same here; Hogue Handall works well.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill