SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions wanted: Currently owned P232 or buy P356X?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions wanted: Currently owned P232 or buy P356X? Login/Join 
posted
Hi friends! Love my 232 but there's so very much being said about the 365. Is it worth an upgrade in your opinion? Just chatting.......

Thanks!

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Have you handled one?

That’s what closed the deal for me; it just felt so good in my hand.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why do you call it an upgrade? Two totally different guns. Between the two, I'd take the P365. It is a fantastic little gun. Plus, I've never been a P230/232 fan. Not my style.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The P232 is a very nice gun aesthetically, and I'm sure it shoots well. But it's a biggish, low capacity .380. If I was choosing a gun I wanted to defend my life with between that and a P365, the latter has too many functional advantages to ignore.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Baird:
Hi friends! Love my 232 but there's so very much being said about the 365. Is it worth an upgrade in your opinion? Just chatting.......

Thanks!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! As far as upgradinga 365, has there been any problems that anyone here is aware of with the plastic mag release and plastic followers wearing out at the contact point? I've always leaned towards metal on metal.

Posts: 259 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If you're committed to 380ACP, then consider a Ruger LCP Max or soon to be release P365 in 380ACP.

If you want a RDS, it'll be very expensive to alter the P232, if that's even feasible.

There are a lot of P365 owners out there and a lot in rental fleets, so as usual, you will get a better idea if you try before you buy.

I've not heard of any problems about polymer mag releases & followers wearing out.

PS: your thread title should be corrected.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Collector or user?
Two completely different guns for different purposes.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said. If it’s for actual use this is a no brainer. The 365 might be the handgun of the decade. It’s that good.

I just picked up an X slide to build out another one. It’s a great option. Great sights if you stay irons and cut for some great optics. It’s really the best of both worlds.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

posted Hide Post
I'd go with the P365 for many reasons-higher capacity, lighter weight, one type of trigger pull without transitioning, unfortunately mags are cheaper now and while the P232 is a great gun, getting parts might be a problem in the future. The P232 is a robust gun and should last a long time but as guns,not just the P232, are being dropped from production,parts are getting hard to find.

Also another plus or minus, depending on how you feel about them, you can a rds to the P365X.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have no first hand experience with the P-232.

I am typically more of a traditional Sig guy.

a couple of years ago, my Son was in the market for his first handgun. Well, I had to offer my opinion.

Did he listen to me? No.

He bought a 365. When we went to the range, he begged me to shoot it. After some hemming and hawing, I reluctantly gave it a try.

Holy shit!!!

As much as I did not want to like the 365, I have to admit, it is an amazing handgun.

I am working on not being so stubborn and broadening my horizons.

Yes, I now acknowledge there are guns other than the traditional Sigs that are worthy of consideration.

Ok.......Bless me Father, for I have sinned. Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! I've always liked the 232 and for my needs, it's fine. But, everybody is going for the mini-nines and I trust no one but Sig.

posted Hide Post
The 230/232 is a very nice looking pistol, however, they have a slide biting problem.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've shot a Sig p230 hundreds of times and never been bit.... now as for a Walther PPK....

Assuming you are dyslexic and really meant P365x.... I would say by today's standards you are better off going with the 365 and 9mm. I'm not a fan of striker fired but many are and 9mm is a much better round than 380.
The only real draw back I will point out is that the P232 is a whole lot better looking gun.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
232 is more of a collectible pistol now - and pleasing to the eye. However, for EDC the 365 is the far better choice.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you prefer DA/SA in a small package there aren't a lot of choices in .380 or 9MM. If you're ok with striker fired then the 365 is a no-brainer.

I carry a 232 and have never been slide bitten either. The biggest drawback I see in a 230 or 232 is the weight for a small pistol so I use the black with the anodized frame that's a few ounces lighter than the SL. That said if I was a striker guy I'd be all over the 365.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, everyone! I've had the 232 with the lighter frame for some time now and can handle it pretty well. And, you're right, it looks good too, unlike me!! Roll Eyes But, if the 365 is controllable, it may be a better bet. I've held an "X" and love the fit and feel.

posted Hide Post
If a 230 shoots anything like a PPK/S then the 365 is an easier gun to shoot and shoot well.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Dave

If I had to choose one or the other I'd take a P365X all day every day.

I have multiple P365's and its amazing how well they shoot for small pistols. I shoot them much better than any of the other small pistols out there.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If a 230 shoots anything like a PPK/S then the 365 is an easier gun to shoot and shoot well.

Yep, a cold stock 230/232 handles pretty much like the PPK/S which can be harsh for most. I use the Hogue grips which makes the Sig a pistol I can handle with ease, Hogue did a great job designing these grips. This is the one I carry which is NP3 inside and out and tuned by my friend Robert Burke.

When this came back from Robar it had malfunction issues that Robert took care of and has been flawless. I can shoot it at 25 feet or less as well as a full size pistol and I know it will go bang.

Once again, the 365 is a proven platform....how could you go wrong.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post