SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield Arms G43 mag out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield Arms G43 mag out Login/Join 
posted
Shield arms has their 9 rd G43 magazine available.
Calling it a Z9
$60!!!

Correction. I'm told that's the mag and the mag catch. Sorry

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Calling it a Z9
At 60 bucks, that's not what I'd call it.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I had a Glock 43, I think I'd rather get the Magguts +2 kit. Seems to be the maximum round count increase for minimum mag size increase.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Shield arms has their 9 rd G43 magazine available.
Calling it a Z9
$60!!!

$60 is the combo that includes a metal mag release.
Mag alone will be $42.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I own a Glock 43 so looked deep into this, as having a 9 round capacity with a small increase in magazine length seemed worthwhile. I currently have 2 mags with Taran Tactical +1 base, and 3 with various brand +2 base.

I decided against the Z9 for a couple of related reasons.

Shield Arms recommends replacing the stock plastic magazine catch with their metals ones. Their website explains that their metal body magazine would wear on the plastic mag catch, leading to reliability issues. Okay, so that's an additional cost item.

Then you run into additional issues. I imagine the metal magazine catch would wear on the plastic body of the stock magazines. I saw on the internet (so it must be true...) that this issue came up in the Ruger PCC when using Glock magazines.

So you would have to pick a platform and stick to it. In my case, I don't want to throw out (give away, sell) the 5 magazines I already have. Eyeballing the picture of the Shield Arms Z9 against my Taran +2 magazine, I don't see a discernable difference in overall length. I think I will live with the 1 fewer rounds, and not having to change out the magazine catch and being limited to Shield Arms magazines only.

Edited to add: I am not a large person, so for carry I like having the flush fit magazine in the gun, with extended length magazine as my reload. That option would be denied me if I went with the Shield Arms package. Unless in the future Shield Arms made a flush-fit magazine with, say, 7 round capacity.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is how much .30 super carry fits in them.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post