SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen5 Mod 19 connector question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen5 Mod 19 connector question Login/Join 
posted
I got my new Gen5, Model 19 and shot it over a 100 rounds today. Trigger was the same from the first pull to the last, all the mags worked (I have a several 19s and a bunch of 17s with X-Grip Adaptors) and I liked most everything about it BUT the trigger. It's a little heavy and rough. Kinda like that Glock 42 where you guys steered me to the Ghost connector a few months ago.

So, here's the easy, I hope, question:

Just buy a Ghost connector for the 19 and shoot the heck out of it or do something else to make the trigger more user friendly?

Edited to note: This is gonna be a range gun and maybe carried on occasion.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with the "25 cent trigger job"?

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard of it, never did it and, sadly, my hands just don't work to do anything even remotely "fine."

Looked at several of the videos, possibly could do it, think I probably have all the stuff here at the house. Will pick one out as the model and see what happens.

Thank you, Para!

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two G19s/Gen5 and compared with previous G19s, the trigger is GREAT. I have no need to change the trigger to either a Zev or an Apex. I cannot ask for more not even a Ghost connector but maybe Talon Grips.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's it-heavier than the Glock 17 Gen 5 I considered buying.

I don't want to leave the impression the 19 has anything wrong with it-it shoots every time, bullet goes where it's supposed to go and I like it a lot. The grip texture seems great to me, but I have this darned arthritis kinda bad in my hands so I suppose that's why I like the feel of the texture.

The trigger could use a little attention and I am gonna try that 25 cent trigger job from one of the videos Para provided.

I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Bob

posted Hide Post
If it is a Range Only Pistol and you can not do the 25 cent trigger work just add a minus connector and a 4.5# firing pin spring. Those 2 parts should bring your pistol at or near 4.5# pull weight.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
Heard of it, never did it and, sadly, my hands just don't work to do anything even remotely "fine."

Looked at several of the videos, possibly could do it, think I probably have all the stuff here at the house. Will pick one out as the model and see what happens.

Thank you, Para!

If I can do it, you can. But if I recall, I think a spring ended up on top of a bookcase.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked this same question not that long ago about the trigger shoe/Pull. Got a lot of great advice so I just ordered a Overwatch Precision poly dat trigger and that has helped a lot. Still need to do a pinch more but my Gen 5 19 is a keeper.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Straightshooter1, If you need a hand with that I will be glad to help you out. I am in Clearwater and my email is in my profile.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, SIGWALLY, that's more than kind of you. I think I have it under control, though.

My mind has it plotted out, just finding the time to start it is a bit problematic right now. Mamma has some things that need to be finished (my electrician's helper stepped off the beams and onto the garage ceiling) thankfully he wasn't hurt, but the ceiling repair needs to be finished. And we got furniture coming. And a few other things.

I used to think those guys who said they "didn't know how they ever found time to work" after they retired were just rubbing us working stiff's noses in it. But they were shooting us straight-I have never been so busy in my life since retirement and Momma makes sure I don't get lazy. You know what they say, "If Momma ain't happy,...."

But, if I put the G19 back together, prolly next weekend, and have parts left over, I'll give you a shout. Big Grin

Again, thank you very much.

EDITED to note:

Came out pretty darned good!

Thanks to all of you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Follow this guy on You Tube. He is in your area.

https://youtu.be/2sreTnFVHAU

I just purchased a Gen 5 45 mos. The stock trigger was lousy. I put in a new aftermarket trigger and Ghost connector. It is perfect now. I originally had a hard time watching Johnny, but I have watched many of his videos and I have learned a lot.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I installed the ghost connector on my 43X Friday.

The trigger is much better now. It gave it a longer, more even pull to the break.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The gen5 Glocks I own and others I have handled do have excellent stock triggers, but with Glocks, there seems to be a greater variance in trigger pull characteristics from example to example, when compared with pistols from other manufacturers. It sounds as if straightshooter has a gen5 with a trigger on the heavy side.

My G48 and G45 do have better triggers out of the box than any of my other Glocks.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post