SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225-A1 Not so Good Deal After All
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225-A1 Not so Good Deal After All Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday I picked up amost new 225-A1 for $495. One magazine was never used and after careful cleaning, the pistol looks new. The only thing missing in the factory box is the warranty card. One feature I really don’t like is that the magazine release button is too sensitive. Just a light touch and the magazine is ejected. Without a warranty this would be expensive to correct. Seems like best strategy to to wait for tax refund season and sell it on consigment.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you contact Sig's customer service?

Have you thought about the Sig Custom Shop's Full Service Package? They might be able to resolve the issue that way.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That seems like a good price, they are damn near $1000 around here

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
That seems like a good price, they are damn near $1000 around here
That is good news, perhaps I will break even when I sell it. It really is a nice pistol, but I wish the magazine release was secure.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Need new spring?

Old one cut?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Need new spring?

Old one cut?
Is that easy to replace? That is a good point, the assembler may have cut a coil or two off the spring. It is pretty whimpy!

The M11-A1 magazine release is strong and has perhaps twice the spring of the 225.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Easy.

Try THIS video at 4:29.

Top Gun Supply has parts HERE.

They will get you to the right parts if you ask.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Did you contact Sig's customer service?

Have you thought about the Sig Custom Shop's Full Service Package? They might be able to resolve the issue that way.
Thanks for the idea, I have used this service before. Trouble is that there is no guarantee that the shop will fix the problem and it will cost $200.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Easy.

Try THIS video at 4:29.

Top Gun Supply has parts HERE.

They will get you to the right parts if you ask.
Thank you Tubetone This is useful info. I will go to the Sig desler and see if his 225 has better spring tension on mag release. This looks like a viable option to sending in the pistol for repair.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Don’t sell the gun. Changing a mag release spring is an easy DIY repair you can do with basic hand tools.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sell it. Your mind seems made up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long a the previous owner didn't send the card in you could still register it online. Might work even if he did send it in, it's worth a shot.

Posts: 142 | Location: NY | Registered: December 11, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, I get it that everyone doesn't like to tinker but give me a break. Expensive fix? Did you do even the slightest research before you started bitching? Put it in the classifieds telling everyone about the mag for the 495 you paid for it and it will be gone by days end.

You got a great deal but you aren't happy. Sell it. You won't have an issue recouping your money.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’ve never registered a single warranty card and have sent multiple guns back to manufacturers including Sig when I wasn’t the original purchaser. Don’t ask don’t tell. Never had an issue getting things fixed. For the most parts manufacturers want thier products to work properly. I agree with others, it’s an easy fix, changing out the whole mag release assembly would take you less than 5 minutes.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If you are going to play with SIGs, you need to learn how to work on them. This is an easy job if you pay attention to the details. Reassemble exactly like this photo:

magcatchstop by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Personally, I like the standard p225 with the large trigger guard. As for repairs, I will do simple things, but I will have an expert do it, and understand that I am paying for his expertise. This is not a slingshot, it is a handgun, and if I would need it for self defense in a life or death situation, I would not want rely on my marginal gunsmithing skills, yet concentrate on my shooting skills. My .02 sigguy(the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Where exactly are you located?

There is a Top Gun Supply in St Augustine.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...spring-p-series.html

If you are close, I put the spring in for you for free.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
^^^^^^

maybe deal, maybe no deal

Whatever, I sure appreciate the excellent advice from all..