SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Crimson Trace Ultra Compact open reflex sight for pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crimson Trace Ultra Compact open reflex sight for pistols Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
https://palmettostatearmory.com/crim...-cts-1550.html

$69.99 instead of $229.99

CRIMSON TRACE ULTRA COMPACT OPEN REFLEX SIGHT FOR PISTOLS - CTS-1550 - RMSc mouting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
404 not found.
Looks like your link may be truncated

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
404 not found.

Maybe it has to be in all caps.

(Big Grin)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Day-um! Wish I had something to put it on.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MSRP on Crimson Trace’s web page is $179.99, less than PSA’s $229.99 normal price.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For $69, I will give it a shot. Not a fan of the battery being under the unit. I am planning to use it for a project: Using a 320 grip, I am going to try to build a dummy practice gun to develop proper red dot presentation habits.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Don’t quote me, and for 69 bucks how can you really go wrong, but I seem to remember these getting panned pretty bad for some reason or another. I may be misremembering but I thought there was something wrong with these.

But like I said for 69 bucks you almost come out on top even if it only works as a GIANT ghost ring Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one on my 365 for a year until I decided I liked the dot and went for a better one. Think I paid 135 and there was nothing wrong with it, just wanted a better one. I carried it at work, bashed it occasionally on door jambs (oops) and it never malfunctioned or shifted its POA. It still resides on a 22 for practice.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I think the issue was the bottom was sealed with electrical tape so if it sees rain, it will eventually short out?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Edit the all caps subject line, please.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received mine yesterday. Its... all plastic!
And the bottom mounted battery is a press fit with no cover. No manual brightness or shutoff switches provided. To shut it down, you have to snap on a cover. Lots of mounting tools and the required screws included. 50K Hour battery life claimed. Nice bright dot. Very small footprint. My plan was to mount this to a plastic training (or 320 frame) gun and use it as a training tool for quickly presenting and locating the dot in an optic sighted pistol. It will work for that, provided I can find some teeny tiny wood screws that will bite into my plastic trainer gun slide. So thats $69 bucks worth, I guess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crimson Trace largely makes and/or imports cheaply made junk. Maybe they've got some decent products or the guys that bought a set of grips that didn't die or loose zero will chime in, but there is a reason PSA is dumping these things this cheap.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CheckEd the link now down to $59.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post