SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The original small high capacity double stack 9mm >>>>>
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The original small high capacity double stack 9mm >>>>> Login/Join 
posted
Here is a reminder to the people that do not know. The Keltec P11. RIP. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I shoot with a guy every week, good friend of mine for years and he's a millionaire.

He carries a P11 daily.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well, that was an odd video.

A P11 was the first gun I purchased with my own $$
Still my go-to pocket carry option.

Much more bearable to shoot after replacing the bendy plastic trigger with an aluminum replacement.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15388 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I thought so too, until I thought about the fact that the Founder and owner was Swedish born and the video showed a Norse Funeral, something native to Sweden and other countries.

Thus, he gave the P11 a proper viking funeral.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Another unfortunate boating accident...

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
The Kel-Tec P11 was the first pistol I ever bought. I carried it for a little while, and then traded it in on a S&W 6906. I later bought another P11, and then added a P40 to the stable. Aside from the heavy DAO trigger, they were not bad little guns.

I wonder if Kel-Tec has something else planned...

Posts: 1627 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Keltec is an odd company. Proven even further by making commercials for things you no longer sell. Confused

As far as being improved by an aluminum trigger, I'd say that probably applies to everything they make. Certainly every one of them, pistol or long gun I've ever fired.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Keltec is an odd company.

Are they still making guns for people who drink their own piss?

(a failed advertising campaign from a few years ago)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my P-11 when they first came out. I took it to the range every week for years. I still own it and it rides in my pickup. I have fired over 6500 rounds through that handgun, and never had it let me down. It has proven itself to me as far as I am concerned. Two mags of Black Talon ammo with the gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

A P11 was the first gun I purchased with my own $$
Still my go-to pocket carry option.

Much more bearable to shoot after replacing the bendy plastic trigger with an aluminum replacement.

It’s a play on the company’s founder/owner George Kellgren being from Sweden…

Posts: 33891 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I had a P11. It was more fun to carry than to shoot. The trigger would put my finger to sleep. I still wouldn't mind having one.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
The Kel-Tec P11 was the first pistol I ever bought. I carried it for a little while, and then traded it in on a S&W 6906. I later bought another P11, and then added a P40 to the stable. Aside from the heavy DAO trigger, they were not bad little guns.

I wonder if Kel-Tec has something else planned...

Prior to my P320, I had planned on getting the other 3 conversions for the P11.
P40, & a 357Sig slide, and there was a 3rd party making 22lr kits.
Have heard the 357 is pretty stout.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15388 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I have 2, sequential serial numbers but bought them 3 months apart in 2003. $200 each. They suck to shoot but work. 500 & 800 rounds thru them. Keeping them because what else am I going to do with them. Might come in handy some day.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stepped in thinking we would be talking G26....

I'll see myself out

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s funny how a small double stack 9mm flew under the radar for years while other gun manufacturers churned out small single stack nines. Then Sig makes one and everyone is scrambling to get their own to the market.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I bought my P-11 when they first came out. I took it to the range every week for years. I still own it and it rides in my pickup. I have fired over 6500 rounds through that handgun, and never had it let me down. It has proven itself to me as far as I am concerned. Two mags of Black Talon ammo with the gun.

My P-11 rides to work with me every day now. Also occasionally is my concealed carry. Bought mine used. No failures of any kind over several years.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
P-11 is the only gun I've sold on. Jam 'o' matic POS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16122 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refused to own a Bryco, Lorcins, Jennings, or other saturday night special piece of shit. I ended up buying some Keltec, though, and determined after several thousands of wasted rounds, just what crap they were. From the plastic trigger that literally crumbled to bits in my hand to the nearly countless malfunctions on multiple examples, to Keltec's absolute piss-poor customer service (refusing to service it without proof of first ownership, losing the pistol for months, claiming they never received it, to their all-time low for a predicted service life (who makes a pistol expected to last 6,000 rounds?)...never again.

There is no proper adjective for keltec but shitty. Nothing else properly describes it. I dont' care if a millionare is stupid enough to carry one. They're shit. Friends wouldn't let friends carry one, let alone own one.

Seriously.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Have a buddy that has a Keltec .380 that was reasonably accurate, reliable, and a surprisingly soft shooter. Since I’ve owned THE subcompact to have since the early 2000’s, the G26, I’ve never made any effort to get any of Keltec’s lineup.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post