SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 - Searching for New Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 - Searching for New Trigger Login/Join 
posted
One of my students has a P365 and says the trigger is way too heavy for her. I have an Apex trigger in my carry gun and it lightened the trigger a perfect amount for me, so was hoping that they make a trigger for the P365 but they don't. I researched a little bit and found that there are some after-market triggers out there, and a few mention it lightens the trigger, but only about 1 pound. I was hoping to find one that lightens it a little more. Does anybody know a trigger for the P365 that would lighten the trigger a little more than 1 pound? Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 13, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Shooting it more will lighten the trigger. Wink

Honestly though, I wouldn't want to lighten the trigger on a P365 much more than a pound anyway. That said, you don't indicate which P365 she has, but a straight Trigger will offer more leverage, which would 'feel' like a lighter trigger. Both Grayguns and Armory Craft offer aftermarket triggers for the P365, that would/should result in a smoother takeup and sear release.

Armory Craft does offer a spring kit to 'tune' the P365 Trigger. They don't claim any specific trigger pull reduction, but describe the kit components as follows:
- Reduced Weight Striker Spring (-20%)
- Reduced Weight Striker Block Spring (-25%)
- Reduced Weight Sear Spring (-25%)
- Positive Reset Trigger Return / Trigger Bar Spring (+10%)

M*Carbo offers one as well, and indicates it will reduce your Sig P365 Trigger Pull Weight from a stock ~6.5lbs to a modified ~4lbs (Average results can vary up to +/- 1lb). Nore - Newer P365s may be half a pound to a pound lighter due to the factory flat trigger design. They claim a 38% Trigger Pull Reduction!

Grayguns does not offer any such kits for the P365, which 'should' say something about whether or not such modifications are appropriate for the P365.

Your student probably just needs more rounds down range/experience with the P365.

Welcome to SIGforum! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9059 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only mod to the trigger of a 365 I would make is to install a Sig factory flat trigger.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16194 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

I know individual people interpret things differently, but I never would have characterized a standard factory P365 trigger as being too heavy, let alone "way" too heavy. Lightening the pull on a small carry gun like the P365 in my mind starts to put such a pistol into that 'sketchy' range, where going too far has the potential of making the firearm outright unsafe, especially if the user has little experience with firearms and with that gun specifically. A thumb safety version alleviates most of that concern but I would be wary about taking too much resistance out of that bang switch.

-MG

Posts: 2068 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I know individual people interpret things differently, but I never would have characterized a standard factory P365 trigger as being too heavy, let alone "way" too heavy. Lightening the pull on a small carry gun like the P365 in my mind starts to put such a pistol into that 'sketchy' range, where going too far has the potential of making the firearm outright unsafe, especially if the user has little experience with firearms and with that gun specifically.

This. The 365 has a very light trigger from the factory, and taking it further is just going to make it scary, if not outright dangerous. I realize that different folks deal with different physical limitations and challenges, but you're not going to find many defensive handguns out there with a significantly lighter trigger than a P365, and there are good reasons for that.

If you're talking about grit in the pull, or binding, my recommendation would be to take the FCU out of the grip module, clean it thoroughly, lube and re-assemble, and dry-fire it a bunch. That will eliminate any factory grit and help marry the contact points of the fire control components to smooth out the pull without messing with the springs or trigger mechanics.

If she legitimately cannot handle the P365 trigger once it's smoothed out she's going to have trouble with anything, but a true SAO trigger, like a P938, EMP, Kimber Micro-9, etc. or a revolver with an exposed hammer that she can cock might be a better option.

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Even a child could manipulate a stock P365 trigger.

Posts: 424 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:

I’m thinking this person is old and has arthritis.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1758 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:

I’m thinking this person is old and has arthritis.

I'm 72, I have athritis in my knees, lower back, hands, and bone on bone in my left shoulder.
Operating a P365 or P320 trigger is effortless.

Posts: 424 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post