SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 xten and hot ammo question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 xten and hot ammo question Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
I used to have a Tanfoglio Witness and never had a problem with hot 10mm loads. I've read the chamber support of the P320 is in middle but wondering what the real world results have been.

Anybody with an xten who has shot hot ammo (Underwood, Buffalo Bore, or hot handloads) through it? Any bulge in the brass?

Thanks!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2041 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I have an X-Ten but have not got around to firing the really hot stuff like Underwood or Buffalo Bore (200/220 grain hard cast).
I have fired a number of 180 grain ammo from a bunch of different manufacturers and don't see any case bulging.
I do reload, so I'm waiting till I accumulate a decent amount of brass before I start.
I think you will have no issues with Underwood or Buffalo Bore.
There is one manufacturer. however, who loads 230 grain hard cast and apparently the shape of the bullet is such that it hangs up in the magazine of the X-Ten. So as long as you stay away from 230 grain hard cast, you should be OK>

Keep in mind that Buffalo Bore says it is Ok to fire their hard cast ammo in a factory barreled Glock. The Glock 20 is probably the most carried semi auto for Bear Defense, in Alaska.
The Glock doesn't have a fully supported chamber. So if it can be safely fired in a Glock, you should be Ok with the X-Ten.
Here is Tim's (from Buffalo Bore) blog post about using his ammo in a GLock.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks, appreciate the info!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2041 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post