SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p365 safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p365 safety Login/Join 
posted
I recently ordered and received a p365 and realized it didn't have the safety and was considering trying to exchange it. I have a Ruger lcp w/o safety but thought it might be better to have it on the 365. I've already received advice that the absence of a safety should not be a handicap if I have a good holster that covers the trigger. I purchased an Uncle Mike's nylon IWB holster recommended by the clerk, but have been advised NOT to use that and to invest in something like a Kydex and not to worry about the absence of the safety. Any opinions on this?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I have a 365 with a safety as it is a requirement in Massachusetts. On one hand, it is a very small safety lever and I doubt I could find and deactivate it under stress, so I usually carry it in a standard holster without the safety engaged. Another way to look at it is it would be very easy to miss the safety under stress. On the other hand, I also carry it in a belly-band type of holster when I'm out trail running, and as the belly-band holster doesn't give a hard cover on the trigger I engage the safety (and maybe I'm being paranoid about the belly-band holster and the trigger coverage.) My two cents. P.S. my same thoughts apply to the S&W Shield with a safety ...

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personal preference. Pick one and train with it. I chose the P365MS for specific reasons.

To answer your question, I would not carry the regular P365 IWB or AIWB with a "soft" holster. That is, I'd only carry the regular P365 in Kydex or some other rigid material, vs. a material that is soft or flexible (nylon, neoprene, leather, etc.). Again, personal preference based upon specific reasons.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
I'd only carry the regular P365 in Kydex or some other rigid material, vs. a material that is soft or flexible (nylon, neoprene, leather, etc.). Again, personal preference based upon specific reasons.

I agree, and I'll recommend to you a friend's holster business: Holsters For Life.

Welcome to the forum, 458winmag.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. I believe that any striker fired gun, regardless of make or model be carried in a holster that fully covers the trigger guard. Not a bad idea with any type of hand gun, really.
And argument can be made that putting a 400 + dollar pistol into a 15 dollar holster is a potential fail.
As for the manual safety, it comes down to training and experience. You need to train to disengage the safety as reflex during the draw in order to prevent an error when you really really need it. If you choose "cocked and locked" make sure your training fully supports it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post