SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    More Belgian Percussion Goodness (X2)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Belgian Percussion Goodness (X2) Login/Join 
posted
So, I grabbed this one, just because I liked the looks. Well, that and I think it makes a good representative example of a mid range Belgian made self defense pistol of the mid nineteenth century. Not a one off hand made to order piece, but not a low end trade pistol either. It’s about .58 in caliber, the engraving is good, but not top level, and the wood is nothing fancy, but very solid, and nicely shaped.

Then got to looking it over when it arrived and realized I have it’s almost twin already…

The other one I have looks to have been later in life very expertly sleeved to a smaller .32 caliber and the trigger touched up for use as a target pistol.

It is also visibly of a higher grade that the large caliber version, more and better engraving, mainly.

So there’s my nineteenth century “one for work, one for practice” set!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Both the guns and the photography!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post