SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-365 mag loader
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-365 mag loader Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
I’ve poo pooed mag loaders and the weak thumbed who use them. I apologize, I am now weak, or the 365 is a particularly tough nut.

Apologies out of the way. Does one buy loaders based on pistol, cartridge, mag capacity, or are they universal?

Any recommendations would be appreciated. If it’s of benefit I also have an SP 2340, 1911, and an XD that I used to think took extra effort.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5237 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most people go with the Uplula.

https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula/

Posts: 3417 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve poo pooed mag loaders and the weak thumbed who use them. I apologize, I am now weak, or the 365 is a particularly tough nut.

Hahaha! I said the same thing with the Hellcat Pro 15 round mags. I have always sort of looked down on those “weak of thumb” but then I was forced into the light and my penance was those damn 15 rounders new out of the wrapper. 13 was TIGHT, 14 HURT, 15……..forgive me my brethren for my transgressions against thee and blessed be the holy magloader. Big Grin

I just used a simple Glock esqe tool but the Maglulas are great. The Hellcat mags loosen up fairly quickly and with a little use can be loaded by hand but these new “stuff a box of 9mm into a pez dispenser” mags are TOUGH to top off. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely UpLULA. Handles 9mm to .45 and both double, single stack.

Posts: 393 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 88 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Uplula’s are definitely nice. I don’t mind using mag loaders, my thumbs can do it, but why not just use the tool that makes it easy and fast? Then again my only somewhat tough mags are my Glock26 with OEM ext.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2556 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I agree, the P-365 mag is a newer level of difficulty.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
uplula on a hard surface makes it easy and fast, can't imagine doing it any other way.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I agree, the P-365 mag is a newer level of difficulty.

I appreciate the affirmation Big Grin. Uplula it is then.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5237 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good choice. The Uplula is about the best tool made for magazine loading. I bought a couple different sizes for both large and small calibers. They are much faster to load magazines with and will save your thumbs.

Posts: 7080 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This is who I bought my Uplula from and he's a forum member!

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/m...la-up60b-p-2008.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate it when I misplace the Uplula, even though I got the orange one so it will stand out from the primarily black gun stuff. Those last two rounds into a Sig Sauer mag are a bitch for us old'uns. I should get a couple of extras so I can misplace more of them and thus get lucky more often when I find one.

Posts: 43 | Location: eastern Kansas | Registered: April 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Despite the smaller circumference of the P365 magazine (compared to that of the average double-stack mag), the Uplula works just fine on it. It also works much better with the mag base braced on a solid surface like a tabletop.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I just got a 365Xmacro and chuckled at the loader Sig included... until I tried to load up 17 without it.

I've learned my lesson and won't look down on mag loaders again!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like somerled said, I hate it when I can't find my Uplula. Happens often enough, or did, that I bought another, another and, finally a fourth.

All live in my garage, one in my shooting bag, one hanging on the table where I generally load up my mags, another hanging above the work bench where I think about working on something and the last one in the gun safe.

Bob

Posts: 1678 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Most people go with the Uplula.

https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula/

^^^

This is the way

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Speed Beez loaders. www.speedbeez.com

Left the blazing dumpster fire of of taxes, corruption and tyranny that is Illinois, for freedom in Florida.

Posts: 15 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
There is nothing to be ashamed of about using a magazine loader. It's easier and it's faster than loading by pushing rounds in with your thumbs. With that said, I like the Uplula, but I haven't tried other types of brands.

Posts: 6786 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
The Uplula mag loader should be a mandatory requirement to be furnished with every semiauto pistol.....And the different color options make it easier to spot yours at a event where multibles might be there... Who would want to be seen using a bright pink version?? ....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2089 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I bought an uplula with my 365. Makes it so you can actually load the 17th round. For that matter, it works a hell of a lot better than my thumbs. I always thought they were stupid, until I used one. Now I’ll never go back.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post