SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    old style p-series sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

old style p-series sights Login/Join 
posted
I recall it was once possible to get the old style sights, the "I" bar or whatever they were called, like on West German pistols. Does anyone know if these are still obtainable?

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Von Stavenhagen sights, what gun / caliber are you looking for? There are different numbers for the heights, for example a 9mm needs #8 front and rear where a .40 is a #8 and #6. eBay has them pop up from time to time.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1557 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Link says #7 I don't think that's correct.

There’s no reason they couldn’t be number 7 sights.
Although they were evidently discontinued years ago, at one time a large series of different height sights was available for Classic line SIGs and sometimes odd numbers were installed on guns to (I believe) get them zeroed exactly.

From my first factory armorer’s manual:

If I wanted a Von Stavenhagen sight and couldn’t find the exact number I needed, I wouldn’t hesitate to get a number 7. The point of impact with that would be only 2 inches different at 25 yards from either a 6 or 8.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not only does the link say "7", but the pic of the front sight also shows "7". So, there is no reason to think it's not 7.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And having ordered some expecting them to be #7, they are...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I had never saw a set of #7 sights before or any odd numbers.

Sigfreund, thanks for the sight info.

Posts: 1557 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll add these to the bag next time I order from Numrich.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neex,
Give me a day to look, I have a few of the old style ones if thats what your looking for..Retired228

Posts: 17 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of good InSight hereSmile
sigfreund, those manual images are very much appreciated. Thanks for posting them!

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago when I bought my first Sig (P220) it came with the Von Stavenhagen sights. Many years later, all my Sigs have these sights. I find nothing easier than placing the white circle over the white square with the circle covering the point of impact.

Just yesterday I was able to put range time in with my P220 Compact SAS. When I bought that beauty barely used from a forum member it had dim Sig sites. The first thing I did after bringing it home from my local FFL was to remove those sites in favor of the VS sites.

I bought them from a seller on eBay. The VS sites that come in look MUCH better than the photo the seller uses on eBay. In fact I bought a second set so I could replace the oem sites on a new to me P226.

I value consistency.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for me, my favorite sights now are the TRIJICON HD Orange sights. Easy to see day or night and can be used for racking the slide if needed.

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post