SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 220 SAO 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 220 SAO 10mm Login/Join 
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted
Hi Guys, A quick question: I have a SIG 220 10mm SAO. Ive never been a real fan of the Big adjustable rear sites which it came with. Does the SIGForum Braintrust know if I can swap out the rear site for a standard dovetail site for my 220 10mm ?? Thanks guys!
sigguy (the 1st)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Hi Guys, A quick question: I have a SIG 220 10mm SAO. Ive never been a real fan of the Big adjustable rear sites which it came with. Does the SIGForum Braintrust know if I can swap out the rear site for a standard dovetail site for my 220 10mm ?? Thanks guys!

My guess would be not, unless you could find a sight that fits the dovetail and also covers everything the adjustable sight does. The reason is, if you remove the adjustable rear entirely, you will find that the hole/pocket in the slide for the safety lock is bored all the way through to the top of the slide, and the underside of the sight is the top bearing surface for the lock and its spring.

I happen to like that big notch rear. It works really well with a SIG TFO on the front.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I am not aware of a fixed sight that will properly replace the adjustable LPA rear sight that SIG uses.

SIG does offer the 10MM Auto chambered P220 with fixed sights in some of the configurations.

I happen to be a fan of the sight. It is very rugged and has held up well on my P220 chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge for almost a decade now

Most all of the hand loads I have fed through mine are full power

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If you have a competent machine shop nearby they could make a dovetail plate to attach to your slide. Measuring your pistol and drawing an accurate blueprint for them to work off of will take time. Measurements in decimalized inches are appreciated, but not required. They should be able to mill one out of stainless steel for $130 for so.

One other option would be to find a 10mm slide with the fixed sight. You may need to obtain the locking insert for proper clearances.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Didn't Dawson's or Grayguns offer a fixed sight for the adjustable sight dovetail at some point?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Guys, Thank you !!! Definetly gives me some avenues. Many thanks to the best forum out there! Best regards, sigguy (the 1st).

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post