SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Peacekeeper LCP Testing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peacekeeper LCP Testing Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have the 13 lb spring and guide rod in my LCP. Shoots great.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Sweet Pea trigger on my LCP and that changes the gun entirely.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered the whole kit today. The stock LCP is scary but I carry it due to the size. Looking forward to the new trigger.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
This new trigger looks interesting, I might just get it for my LCP. I have his 13# recoil spring and stainless guide rod, they both made for a great upgrade, increasing reliability to 100% in my gun.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Galloway Precision,
How snappy is the recoil?
I have hand arthritis and recoil is an issue.
Thanks.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fine with my LCP Custom trigger but want to try the guide rod and spring even though mine has no issues.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a LCP Custom too. The stainless guide rod and reduced recoil spring is a premium upgrade to this little pocket pistol. No problems or malfunctions after hundreds of rounds.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I am genuinely confused: How does changing the recoil spring (lighter?) improve accuracy?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I am genuinely confused: How does changing the recoil spring (lighter?) improve accuracy?

My experience with the Galloway reduced recoil assembly did not improve accuracy. It just made the little pistol a little easier to shoot.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:

My experience with the Galloway reduced recoil assembly did not improve accuracy.

The message I got from the video was that that was its primary advantage. Quote: “Let’s see how quickly we can tighten up that group.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Sigfreund.......I agree with your question about accuracy. I don't have this Peacekeeper trigger so I can't comment on how this might "tighten groups" and I don't use the LCP for bullseye training. The 13# recoil spring assembly does help tame the little beast some.

My fav .380 is still the P232 without any doubt.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Sigfreund.......I agree with your question about accuracy. I don't have this Peacekeeper trigger so I can't comment on how this might "tighten groups" and I don't use the LCP for bullseye training. The 13# recoil spring assembly does help tame the little beast some.

My fav .380 is still the P232 without any doubt.

The top 2 on the left are 230's. I think I have a few more in the other safes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a LCP Custom too. The stainless guide rod and reduced recoil spring is a premium upgrade to this little pocket pistol. No problems or malfunctions after hundreds of rounds.

Perhaps on the follow up shot when you double-tap? Other than that, no.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Galloway Precision,
How snappy is the recoil?
I have hand arthritis and recoil is an issue.
Thanks.
. It's pretty calm with the 13lb recoil spring installed, however that does make it a little harder to rack. People with arthritis or hand issues I tend to steer toward an RM380, Micro 380, or a P238. All of which have very easy racking slides without the same amount of recoil and the LCP.

posted Hide Post
quote:

We aren't lightening the recoil spring, we're increasing it to 13lbs. Stock it is 9lbs. Being able to control the recoil better will allow you to train with the pistol more, thus making you more accurate. What we are doing with the increased rate is slowing down the recoil impulse to a manageable level when you've only got about two inches of burn time for the round.