SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt is bringing back the King Cobra
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt is bringing back the King Cobra Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I heard this the other day and it looks to be true. I wonder if the quality will be ok and I wonder if a new Python is on the horizon?

UPC: 098289001283
Model: King Cobra
SKU: KCOBRA-SB3BB
The King is back! Following the successful introduction of the Colt Cobra revolver in 2017, and marking Colt’s re-entry into the category they once dominated, snake number two has arrived. Colt’s King Cobra is reincarnated for 2019 as the 6-Shot .357 Magnum big brother of Colt Cobra Double Action revolver. Sporting a heavy duty frame, 3 inch barrel, and Brushed Stainless Steel construction, the King Cobra secures a new place in the legendary heritage that makes Colt Double Action Revolvers some of the hottest collectible firearms today.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/king-cobra-357

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mad mike
posted Hide Post
That was my favorite handgun as a young kid reading gun magazines. Can't wait to get my hands on one!

Posts: 204 | Location: D/FW, Texas | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not really a King Cobra.

It's the current Cobra with 3 inch barrel and magnum Chambers.

Colt has recycled the name for an entirely different gun.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
So how is this going to affect the value of my 6” SS King Cobra? Until the first reviews come out on the current revolvers short comings, of course....

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Let us hope it is an overwhelming success. I’d like to see Colt bring back some of the other famous snakes...

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:

That is not exactly true. The frame has been beefed up.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new Cobra isn't a Cobra either! It is just the last version of the Detective Special that was made before it was discontinued. So I guess it is fitting with Colt's new marketing strategy that the new King Cobra is misnamed as well.
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have no NEED for it, but I'm a sucker for 3" revolvers. I may have to get one to go with my 1965 Detective Special.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
A 3 inch tube stainless 357? With no idiot lock. Color me happy. Wink I hope Colt sells a million of them. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see. The Cobra sucks.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
We'll see. The Cobra sucks.

It shoots pretty well. But yeah, the finish of the initial reboot Cobra is heavy on the chintzy, especially for the money. But honestly, I like it anyways. It handles well and like I said earlier it's a very nice shooter. The DLC black looks better but it's even more expensive. And it's just not the same as proper bluing. Regardless, the Cobra has sold very well for us.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer a 2" Lawman in Colt Blue.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Those lines are atrocious. Looks like they hired Charter Arms to make the gun for them.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sales of the Cobra sucked for us, as in we sold one.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Those lines are atrocious. Looks like they hired Charter Arms to make the gun for them.

Agreed.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm in for one of those. It's a Colt, it's 3" and has no silly lock. Seems just about perfect. The new "Cobra" I'm still on the fence about, but this has some nice qualities in a blaster.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they will perfect the design by the time they make the Python. A sub $1000.00 Python would be awesome,pending quality is not substituted.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the .38 version and I'm very happy with it. That said, the shape of the trigger guard doesn't blow up my skirt, and the sideplate fitting leaves some to be desired. Colt getting back into the revolver business is good news for everyone, I think.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of larry starling
posted Hide Post
I will end up getting one. My Cobra has a super light trigger and is a tack driver if the new King Cobra is any where near it will be a winner!

P-220R, SP2340
P-225 , SP2022
P-226 , P-239 X2
P-228 , GSR
P-229R, p-228R
p-220 carry
P-6,P-228R

Posts: 138 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: July 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
So how is this going to affect the value of my 6” SS King Cobra? Until the first reviews come out on the current revolvers short comings, of course....

Probably make it worth more.

Posts: 26846 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post